PDA

View Full Version : Indicator Problem Please Help

djdommyp
15-04-08, 10:33 PM
I am having loads of problems with my indicators, From the start:

When i brought the car the n/s indicators didnt work (any of them )
i then found out that wehn u indicate left it sets the car ON FIRE ,
the resistor has now burnt out , and been replaced i have got a new hazard switch and resistor and stalk and now none of them work , whenever i indicate either way it just has a solid green light on the dash but none of the bulbs light up ,

Any help greatly apprechiated :)

Cheers Dom

ps does any one have a full indicator wiring diagram ??

Jack
16-04-08, 11:02 AM
Haynes has good wiring diagrams of the indicator tracks. Bearing in mind it changes between Mk1 and Mk2.

Sounds like indicator relay and/or hazard switch is knackered though... when my hazard went tits up it made the telltale come on and stay on

Dod
16-04-08, 11:09 AM
Was gonna suggest the relat. Follow the wires from the boot back, check they're not damaged, the same from the side and front indicators.

meritlover
16-04-08, 04:06 PM
iam with the razorjack. is this a facelift or pre-facelift dash? switch may be of issues!!!!

NovaLad
16-04-08, 04:18 PM
When the hazard switch isn't in properly or touching the connectors at the back when you indicate your indicators won't work but the light will stay on, on your dash.

I have to have a penny on each side of my hazard switch to hold it in place otherwise it just goes off all the time.

djdommyp
16-04-08, 06:43 PM
Thanks for your help guys , I have brought a new stalk and relay , i have only just replaced the hazard switch for a new one so dont quite no wat to do , but ill buy a haynes and have a look one night and see what i can do

cheers

djdommyp
17-04-08, 04:29 PM
Ok guys i have done all of what you guys said and i changed the relay and that made it start working on the right hand side and partly works on the passenger side but is well faint , Any idea's?? and when you put the hazard switch on they all go faint and the interiour light flashes aswell

meritlover
17-04-08, 05:17 PM
could be a bad earth. check them all!

611rbx
17-04-08, 05:30 PM
im having the same problem here!!
does anyone know where the best place to get a hazard switch from??

i also have a problem with the wipers!! i need a new stalk but the two got dnt work!! any ideas??
help would be a real help

cheers marc

djdommyp
17-04-08, 07:43 PM
you can get a hazard switch off ebay for a tenner and they work great :)

Lee
17-04-08, 08:05 PM
check the earths on the front and rear panel.

dan23
17-04-08, 09:07 PM
i have a hazard switch it works fine but the cover with triangle on is missing

i also have a full mk1 loom for sale it would probably be easyier to change the loom then let some body elses wiring mess with your head

i you decide to fix the wiring try taking of the earth wire to the stalk an earth the stalk with a long wire to the battery earth
also try the same with indicators an check you have the correct amp fuse before you start

meritlover
18-04-08, 06:29 AM
i need a new stalk but the two got dnt work!! any ideas??

and you STILL think its the stalk??:wtf:

djdommyp
18-04-08, 10:09 AM
Where abouts are the earths on the front and rear pannel????

611rbx
18-04-08, 05:29 PM
and you STILL think its the stalk??:wtf:

well, i got them from a scrap yard, they were both in a puddle of watr so to be honest i didnt really expect them to work!!!

joff-turbo-nova
18-04-08, 08:16 PM
Where abouts are the earths on the front and rear pannel????

Front chassis leg above the gearbox - I think its a 13mm nut - make sure you are getting a good earth here.

Rear earth I think is on the inside of the boot below the tailgate catch - an 8mm screw - again check for a good earth.

Joff

djdommyp
18-04-08, 11:31 PM
cheers for your help guys i will give it a go tomorrow and let u no how i get on :)

djdommyp
20-04-08, 07:46 PM
Yay i have sorted out the problem , Some W**ker had put aftermarket side repeaters on and wraped the wires up and taped them up !!!! so the positive wire was grounding out on the wing :( , but its all sorted now!!!!! lol , cheers for all your help guys