PDA

View Full Version : fittin dovadose kit

jamesbes
27-08-02, 01:39 PM
whats the best way to fitr a novadose kit? bumpers and skerts? someone please help....

also can i fint a spiller if so with one? :twisted: :roll: :evil:

cassanova
29-08-02, 09:01 AM
now then, as you can see ive got a novadose kit, different to the factory one however cos ive taken out the struts on the front and cut a rear numberplate recess, fitting will be the same tho.

front bumper: take off the existing bumper, leaving on the metal plate that runs across the front of the car (cant remember what its called), line up the bumper where you want it, preferably with a mate holding it in place and drill thru the bumper (in the cup-shaped recesses provided) and thru the metal plate, then get a pair of knuts and bolts to secure it in place, then to attach to wings you can either rivet it or fibreglass a stud into the bumper, drill a hole in the wing and bolt it from the inside of the wing. (is any of this making sense??) You may need to chop out some of the back of the bumper to make it fit nicely if youve got a MK2.

rear bumper: remove complete rear bumper, rear novadose is pretty self-explanatary, line up the studs with the holes and put a knut on the insides (where the original bumper was fitted) then for the sides, do the same as with the front.

Skirts: a few ways of doin this, but i think my way is quickest and easiest.... line up where u want the skirts to fit, draw a pencil line across the edges, take skirt off, mix some fibreglass resin and mat and spread along the inside of the skirt and where it goes onto the bodywork (dont forget the underneath) then line it up again and screw in some selftappers to hold it in place when it dries, then take out the selftappers once dry and fill the holes that youve made.

Obviously this isnt such a good idea if youre planning on taking the kit off at sometime cos u'll be left with holes in your car :roll:

If youve got any questions feel free to msg me and i'll see what i can do, not sure if any of this makes any sense cos its a bit early for me :o

As for splitters, if youve got it lowered i dont think youve got much chance cos the size of the bumpers and skirts brings it closer to the ground, mine looks lowered but its standard.

Ford