PDA

View Full Version : 2k paint purchased on-line? Where/any good?

John
15-04-08, 08:41 PM
Hi all, i'm think at having a bit of a go at painting some bits i have. Unfortunately there's no decent paint suppliers near that i can reach in my lunch half hour, so i'm thinking of buying on-line. (not halfords). Anyone done this before? what was the colour match like?
I have lots of more painting questions, but i'll leave that for another thread!

Mike
15-04-08, 08:52 PM
eBay, just search the colour name, Eg, Glacier White etc

General Baxter
15-04-08, 08:54 PM
http://www.paints4u.com/

colour match is very very good!

Nick J
15-04-08, 08:59 PM
ooooooooooooooooh oh ! Are you trading in your spanners for a spraygun John?
Feel free to pm for a little advice Im sure I may be able to point you in the right direction.

John
15-04-08, 09:03 PM
Cheers bax, that looks ok, price not bad either. Not too sure if the matches for 45L are correct though.

John
15-04-08, 09:06 PM
ooooooooooooooooh oh ! Are you trading in your spanners for a spraygun John?
Feel free to pm for a little advice Im sure I may be able to point you in the right direction.

lol lol
i just need to tidy the lower valance up a bit, i'm hoping i can have a go myself without it looking too bad. I have a gravity fed gun and a mask, so i'm willing to have a go!
Thanks for the offer of advice nick, i feel i may be needing it!lol :thumb:

draper
15-04-08, 09:14 PM
tbh mate if i wanted paint/bodywork doing i would rather go and have a chat with a few guys who know there stuff (or maybe as you find out DONT know there stuff) and get a few pointers than order blind of some interweb g33k

trackdaynova
15-04-08, 09:25 PM
am I right in thinking that to spray 2k you have to have an outside vented mask, as opposed to cellulose where you just need a filtered mask...

or am i getting confused?

paul james
16-04-08, 09:47 AM
2k is the deadly stuff you dont even want that on your skin let alone in your lungs, cellulose is much safer to use.

Dec16v
16-04-08, 05:03 PM
I've never sprayed 2k, but have a half litre for touching up around the sport, it is great covering paint but boy does it stick!! Overspray would be a nightmare to get off I'd imagine...

Dec