View Full Version : MK2 2.0 buying advice

wisewood
27-08-02, 01:25 PM
i am on the save for a 2.0 nova - preferably built on a gsi next summer.
no time to arse about building myself so it will have to be ready made.

It will be nova number 4 - so i know all the nova stuff to look out for - but never really had a good look around a 2.0 so don't know what pit falls and stuff to avoid when looking for one...

any advice anyone can give me in this department would be much appreciated as it may save me spending 3 or 4k on a car that is about as usefull as the tory party leader.

Damian Coull
27-08-02, 03:56 PM
My car is currently for sale

2.1 8v look in the feature cars section under "other Nova's" its in the top right hand corner.

wisewood
27-08-02, 04:09 PM
yeah but once i have the cash ready - be next summer probably...
when i go to have a look at one - what things should i check for to make sure it is all ok... coz it'snot exactly like looking at a 1.3 motor is it...

Damian Coull
27-08-02, 04:23 PM
The same things to look for apply to any engine, 1.0 - 2.0. Make sure there's no rust in engine bay also. Make sure theres no signs of dodgy head gasket check oil colour and look in the header tank for signs of oil etc.

Listen out for ropey noises which could spell trouble.

There's nothing really special to look out for on a 2.0l that you wouldn't look out for on a smaller engines.

wisewood
27-08-02, 04:33 PM
that's good then... and obviously make sure it is test driven for quite a good long trip... just in case of any clunking and thumping and bits dropping off... :D

Cheers mate.
Shame you are not selling your motor next summer - i would have had it... very nice.