PDA

View Full Version : castle combe

carrie_girl_wonder
15-04-08, 10:08 AM
Is anyone going or been?As I want to go but Im supposed to be going with my ex and won't really know anyone but him so not sure if it's worth going :confused: my ex is on about me going on the track, I nearly laughed in his face lol

Stuart
15-04-08, 10:20 AM
when were you thinking of going? this sat? then there will be a PNG stand with PNG folks out on track too...

you keep on laughing :p

carrie_girl_wonder
15-04-08, 10:21 AM
when were you thinking of going? this sat? then there will be a PNG stand with PNG folks out on track too...

you keep on laughing :p

well he wanted to head down after i finished work friday and camp and come back saturday :/

Stuart
15-04-08, 10:26 AM
so basically FOR the saturday..... so my comments still remain :p

carrie_girl_wonder
15-04-08, 10:33 AM
so basically FOR the saturday..... so my comments still remain :p

ahh yes but it's whether ive got the guts to go up lol cause i wont know anyone , we will see :thumb:

Stuart
15-04-08, 10:35 AM
if you wont meet a few people at a small event, how will you cope organising a meet? lol

carrie_girl_wonder
15-04-08, 10:45 AM
if you wont meet a few people at a small event, how will you cope organising a meet? lol

i'll grow some balls ;) nah i'll be ok i just dont fancy going with my ex thats all

Stuart
15-04-08, 10:52 AM
tell the ex to FOAD and go by yourself, get all friendly with Lee (its ok hes a homo so you wont get stalked), have a good day. Job done.

Lynsey
15-04-08, 12:03 PM
Come along :D Means you will get to meet some people before PV.

craig green
15-04-08, 12:45 PM
I'll be there by myself most likely. I've offered most of my mates a lift but they all find excuses to do other stuff than have a day out, boring a55holes.

besides I can watch what I want, talk to who ever I want & take whatever photo's I want without being blagged to go home at 2pm.

So I'll be there.

ANDYRACER
15-04-08, 12:49 PM
I'll be there by myself most likely. I've offered most of my mates a lift but they all find excuses to do other stuff than have a day out, boring a55holes.

besides I can watch what I want, talk to who ever I want & take whatever photo's I want without being blagged to go home at 2pm.

So I'll be there.

Works for me. :thumb:

craig green
15-04-08, 12:54 PM
Too right.

Most of my mates are petrol heads, drive modded cars etc. But are too scared to travel the 50 minutes or so to Combe for a day out. They'd rather play X-box, watch F1 qualifying etc. GAY

ANDYRACER
15-04-08, 12:59 PM
Too right.

Most of my mates are petrol heads, drive modded cars etc. But are too scared to travel the 50 minutes or so to Combe for a day out. They'd rather play X-box, watch F1 qualifying etc. GAY

50mins! :eek:

Its 340 mile round trip for me! :cry:

craig green
15-04-08, 01:00 PM
Yeah mate. Hour tops. Its on my door step.

Jack
15-04-08, 01:32 PM
Boo, craig drives like a grandad, its not that far from Bridgwater lol

craig green
15-04-08, 03:00 PM
RACE YA!

No points on my license... ever.

Allowing an hour is adequate.

Adam
15-04-08, 03:33 PM

So I'll be there.
Same here.
Its too much hassle with passengers IMO

Can do what the f**k you want, if you've got no one to get back home by 12pm etc lol

Anyone thinking of going, do. Come along and find the PNG stand(think its with/next to the Total Vauxhall one), and meet a few folk.
Might get some passenger track rides too.....

Ernie
15-04-08, 03:34 PM
I will be there along with Carla and we are staying over on the friday night.
After a few Malibu's and coke's carla will chat to anyone.
You will get to meet a good crowd see you there.

craig green
15-04-08, 03:40 PM
Tempting to camp now.......

I just hope the weather plays ball.

Adam
15-04-08, 03:44 PM
Tempting to camp now.......

I just hope the weather plays ball.

Hmm, Friday night/Sat morning.
Light/Heavy rain showers.

craig green
15-04-08, 03:45 PM
doh!

Adam
15-04-08, 03:46 PM
I hope the tracks dry on the Sat :(

carrie_girl_wonder
15-04-08, 04:08 PM
I think im stayin at a hotel with my ex and his mates :wtf: If i can hack a nite with him i'll ditch him for the pv stand.not sure how to start talkin to people though lol i'm pretty shy :roll:

Ernie
15-04-08, 06:44 PM
HOTEL Whats wrong with ruffing it for 1 night.

Stuart
15-04-08, 06:52 PM
I know a lovely hotel not far from the circuit... Its got a 1 mile long drive, valet parking, horsey centre, spa, drinks in the library, billion course dinner, breakfast in bed.... velly nice. "cheap" too £3-400 per night + bar tab breakfast and dinner lol

Ernie
15-04-08, 06:54 PM
Its alright for you vx220 owners.Some of us are still in the real world lol.

carrie_girl_wonder
15-04-08, 07:00 PM
HOTEL Whats wrong with ruffing it for 1 night.

dunno apprently my ex and the girl kate he goes with each year hotel it :/ im not exactly gonna camp it on my own :P unless we argue super bad:(

Stuart
15-04-08, 07:38 PM
Its alright for you vx220 owners.Some of us are still in the real world lol.

twas good for a weekend, but feck me it hurt lol

Lynsey
15-04-08, 08:21 PM
Chris- It will be nice to meet Carla, I just hope she isn't sleeping this time so go easy on the drinks on Friday yeah? lol

Lee
15-04-08, 09:49 PM
One thing i will stress, is that camping is normally not allowed. We get away with it because we are regulars, we behave, and we're quiet (until Carla starts getting completely hammered lol).

So best behaviour!! NO stereo's, NO ragging about, and NO shouting.

Our walk around the track in the dark is cool though :) One of the highlights for me that is (as my weekend is normally over by lap 1 lol)

chimp007_uk
15-04-08, 09:56 PM
I was tempted to come along to this... couple of mates from work are going down (one is in the ford lot, the ghey's) drives a fiesta rsturbo, really nice to be fair.
so might pop down so harrow. But... my uni mate is racing in the mk2 golf gti championship at brands on sat... so split between the two...

decisions, decisions...

dhdev (Oli)
15-04-08, 10:25 PM
Our walk around the track in the dark is cool though :) One of the highlights for me that is (as my weekend is normally over by lap 1 lol)

Lee's overtaking on the warm-up lap...BOOM! lol :p

chris gsi
15-04-08, 10:38 PM
i am looking forward to combe i even bought a new sleeping bag:thumb:

it easy to chat to us all just come over and laff at lee for a startlol

Lee
15-04-08, 10:44 PM
:cry:

chimp007_uk
15-04-08, 10:47 PM
wish i'd have membered it up and taken that place when stuart was offering it now :(

dhdev (Oli)
15-04-08, 10:51 PM
:cry:
Don't cry, it's all fixed now.........isn't it :wtf:

Lee
15-04-08, 10:59 PM
Yep. Theres no way on this earth im going to have an engine problem!

Probability of catastrophic gearbox failiure.. 80%

Possibility of catastrophic tyre/arch collision due to stupid 55 prifile tyres ... 90%

Stuart
16-04-08, 08:22 AM
Yep. Theres no way on this earth im going to have an engine problem!

Probability of catastrophic gearbox failiure.. 80%

Possibility of catastrophic tyre/arch collision due to stupid 55 prifile tyres ... 90%

so in reality, you will muller the engine, the gearbox will be fine and the tyres will perfrom faultlessly.

Lee
16-04-08, 01:01 PM
I wouldnt take a bet, if thats what you mean lol

Ernie
16-04-08, 05:24 PM
Ok boss i will water her drinks down.I didnt get a chance to last time as was been asked in a loud way."I want Malibu" lol.
And she has gone of cocktale sausages at the mo lol.

chimp007_uk
16-04-08, 10:10 PM
where's everyone parking?

chris gsi
16-04-08, 11:11 PM
on the club stand:D there will be staff on the gate that will point you in the right direction:thumb:

chimp007_uk
17-04-08, 06:45 AM
excellant! :)

chimp007_uk
17-04-08, 08:07 AM
oh, no one can laugh at my atate of the art cable-tie welded in rollcage lol I was going to weld it in last weekend then i thought about buying a 6pt cage so i'm in no mans land atm.

Anyone going up from south east on sat?

Lee
17-04-08, 11:11 AM
oh, no one can laugh at my atate of the art cable-tie welded in rollcage lol I was going to weld it in last weekend then i thought about buying a 6pt cage so i'm in no mans land atm.

Anyone going up from south east on sat?

Sorry pal, but you wont get on the club stand without a pass, and passes were for club members only.

chimp007_uk
17-04-08, 11:20 AM
You can't get passes now then? even with membership?

Not a prob, I'll park with the other chumps, and have to do the walk of shame.

carrie_girl_wonder
17-04-08, 11:24 AM
Sorry pal, but you wont get on the club stand without a pass, and passes were for club members only.

so if ur sendin me a ticket wil lthat include a pass ,just wondering,also u want postage fee?:)

chimp007_uk
17-04-08, 11:34 AM
You can get a ticket on the gate for £10...

Lee
17-04-08, 11:44 AM
Carrie, you should get your ticket and stand pass tomorrow. And no postage fee required :)

Sorry Chimp, your a bit late pal :(

carrie_girl_wonder
17-04-08, 11:50 AM
but not free of chargeat the gate unless ur a club member and only if u get it sent to u, chris,.ive already asked ...

chimp007_uk
17-04-08, 11:57 AM
thats alright, i should have signed up years ago, its ones own fault. i'll be going up with some guys from work, one in a mx-5 and one in a fiesta rsturbo, thats amazingly mint. so i'll mingle between the two.

My car is hardly a show car, atleast i wont have to wash it now lol

carrie_girl_wonder
17-04-08, 11:59 AM
thats alright, i should have signed up years ago, its ones own fault. i'll be going up with some guys from work, one in a mx-5 and one in a fiesta rsturbo, thats amazingly mint. so i'll mingle between the two.

My car is hardly a show car, atleast i wont have to wash it now lol

ha ****e,washing it, just thinking about the effort i put in last time lol tiring!
oh guess wat i got my stickers ordered!i'll be girl wondering it up so!:thumb:

chimp007_uk
17-04-08, 12:12 PM
ha ****e,washing it, just thinking about the effort i put in last time lol tiring!
oh guess wat i got my stickers ordered!i'll be girl wondering it up so!:thumb:

Was tiring watchhing lol

Got all day off tomorrow, so going to fit some goodies to the car, get it handling and brakineven better :) always good! Fit my new cesaros :)

prob giv give it a wash :s I love white, it never looks dirty :)

You want to convoy it on sat? I'm meeting my mates somewhere near bicester apparently, but i'm, trying to reaarange that to somewhere on the m4.

Where you get the stickers done? I'm looking to get some black vinyl for the valver and some 2litre 16v GTE stickers made up. A little boring in comparison, nothing as crazy as Girl Wonder

carrie_girl_wonder
17-04-08, 01:01 PM
Was tiring watchhing lol

Got all day off tomorrow, so going to fit some goodies to the car, get it handling and brakineven better :) always good! Fit my new cesaros :)

prob giv give it a wash :s I love white, it never looks dirty :)

You want to convoy it on sat? I'm meeting my mates somewhere near bicester apparently, but i'm, trying to reaarange that to somewhere on the m4.

Where you get the stickers done? I'm looking to get some black vinyl for the valver and some 2litre 16v GTE stickers made up. A little boring in comparison, nothing as crazy as Girl Wonder

yeh we could convoy it ,be a hell of a lot less stress for me about gettin there lol
stupid question, but whats the stand pass all about?does that mean i can park there n wonder about and leave wenever i want etc ,its sill ybut ive never been to a 'show 'thing before,ever :roll:

Lee
17-04-08, 01:02 PM
Means you can park on the club stand in the middle of the show instead of in the minions public carpark :)

Stuart
17-04-08, 01:20 PM
and its not "really" a show either lol

carrie_girl_wonder
17-04-08, 02:02 PM
well i kno but i didnt know what else to call it :P

craig green
17-04-08, 02:02 PM
lol

Lee
17-04-08, 02:04 PM
and its not "really" a show either lol

It pretty much is now tbh. Apparently theres 90 clubs attending. Thats more than doubled what it was a few years back.

craig green
17-04-08, 02:05 PM
Wasnt there a 'christians automobile club' or something there last year?

Godspeed & all that!

Lee
17-04-08, 02:08 PM
Pass. Bet that was a barrel of laughs lol

chimp007_uk
17-04-08, 03:24 PM
Anyone seen the weather forecast and heavy rain showers all day... Waht a pain in the ass :(

Lee
17-04-08, 03:25 PM
im kinda pleased :) No tyre scrubbage, and lots of ass end action! Woot :)

Down side is i just know its going to steam up like feck and I wont be able to see a damn thing.

chimp007_uk
17-04-08, 03:32 PM
Was tempted to bring the Manta up, but its just more hassle with swapping insurance and taxing :(

Still, i think it'll be eventfull to watch the sessions, with everyone going hell for leather in a short space of time... :) I'll be at Quarry lol

stubs
17-04-08, 03:38 PM
Hey, why not just drive the Manta un-insured? :tard: I think I know someone who did that once... :eek: :p :p :p

chimp007_uk
17-04-08, 03:43 PM
without knowing... they never sent the renewal forms... Me no nothing :)

stubs
17-04-08, 03:59 PM
Tell that to the judge Mr. Drift

chimp007_uk
17-04-08, 04:04 PM
there's no evidence :roll: :wtf: :thumb:

stubs
17-04-08, 04:09 PM
:eek: Liar liar! The vids are on your facebook lol

chimp007_uk
17-04-08, 04:25 PM
hmmmm... Anyway, I'm off home for the weekend woohoo :)

"We're going to Gloucester, to buy some cesaros..." In that heat advert song lol

Going to be schweet for sat, hopw the weather holds off tomorrow so i can fit my top mounts and goodridge hoses :)

stubs
17-04-08, 04:27 PM
....and get the cage welded in! I'll fetch the grinder round for yeh

dhdev (Oli)
17-04-08, 06:13 PM
im kinda pleased lots of ass end action! Woot :)

:gay:

chimp007_uk
18-04-08, 10:51 AM
haha

I might be on track now, finger's crossed :) Picked up the cesaro's last night. The guy i bought them off was a top bloke, and we chatted for about 3hours... He's into his vauxhall's, and is going to be at coombe onthe "Cav Crazy" stand. He "might" have a track pass going... Fingers crossed. Its nice meeting other enthusiasts and having a good natter... Looking forward to meeting the nova lot on sat :)

carrie_girl_wonder
18-04-08, 12:02 PM
woo well excited,ross text me sayin hes comin now,but going to talk to him in a bit to confirm,got my stickers today to! gooing to put those on after work,whoop ,well hyper today to!you'll put my nova to shame :( mind you i love my george because he'd different :thumb:

chimp007_uk
18-04-08, 12:58 PM
mind you i love my george because he's different

There's always one... :) I'm putting the cesaro's on now,a nd prob take the corsa gsi wheels to come back on (if i get a track pass today) I hope i do, well want a take it for a spin!! You and ross going to be up and in the car for 5.55AM??!?!?!

carrie_girl_wonder
18-04-08, 03:30 PM
There's always one... :) I'm putting the cesaro's on now,a nd prob take the corsa gsi wheels to come back on (if i get a track pass today) I hope i do, well want a take it for a spin!! You and ross going to be up and in the car for 5.55AM??!?!?!

wlel i fort u wer leavin at 6 :/ thats wat u said last,call me later or something please :confused:

Stuart
18-04-08, 03:34 PM
ahem.... text typing.... ;)

carrie_girl_wonder
18-04-08, 03:47 PM
ahem.... text typing.... ;)

sorry!bad habbit