PDA

View Full Version : please read if going to combe.

Ernie
14-04-08, 04:40 PM
I was sent this from another forum but thought i would let you all know.

NEWS FROM CASTLE COMBE CIRCUIT

This week we start on a serious note. The local Police have informed us that on event days here, even mid-week track days, they will be setting up speed cameras on the approach roads around the local villages. Therefore in your own interests please, when visiting us, respect our neighbours and ensure that you drive within the local speed limits. We want your visit to Castle Combe Circuit to be an enjoyable one and not starting or finishing with a fine and points on your licence.

I will be towing so will be going slow anyway.

Adam
14-04-08, 05:09 PM
Cheers for the heads up

Stuart
14-04-08, 05:11 PM
tbh you shouldnt be speeding in villages anyway :D (outside them is another matter lol)

Ernie
14-04-08, 05:17 PM
I know what you mean stu. But just incase your new to combe please respect the speed limit in the village.

Adam
14-04-08, 05:17 PM
tbh you shouldnt be speeding in villages anyway :D (outside them is another matter lol)
I dont, but its not exactly hard for you to loose concentration at do 35/36 on a 30..... ;)

craig green
14-04-08, 05:22 PM
Cheers for the heads up Ern. TBH I've witnessed too many mobile gatso's near show events etc & saw one on my 1st visit to Combe.

Its always on my mind what an epic chance it is for the revenue hungry Police to cash in on weekends like this. Therefore I always arrive & leave like I'm taking my Gran to bingo. And always have a nice big smile for the camera man.

Stuart
14-04-08, 05:28 PM
tbh this warning should go for all roads near (read that as a 20 mile radius) POD for PV too...

Ernie
14-04-08, 09:19 PM
cheers Stu..
I would second that.

SRimon
14-04-08, 09:21 PM
Its always on my mind what an epic chance it is for the revenue hungry Police to cash in on weekends like this. Therefore I always arrive & leave like I'm taking my Gran to bingo. And always have a nice big smile for the camera man.

Excellent!

I might come up yet...

Philsutton
15-04-08, 06:27 PM
tbh this warning should go for all roads near (read that as a 20 mile radius) POD for PV too...

lol, they shouldnt set up cameras at "wheel spin cross roads", they'd have a field day.