PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 help pls

vauxestate
14-04-08, 02:33 PM
as my last thread made no sence not even to me lol so i thought id start again.
but dont no how to erase it sorry.

right basicly iv got a j-reg 1.0 nova spin an a 2.0 redtop an wish to put it in.
iv read the info on the site but im unsure if i have to move/change my standard mounts as its a 1.0.
also if any1 got any pics of any1s 1.0 convirtsion just to help might be good thankyou really wanna do this.

vauxestate
14-04-08, 02:48 PM
also if any one got any parts for sale that will/might help me out pls let me no cheers

vauxestate
14-04-08, 09:34 PM
any1 please need help also is there any way i can use my tank or will i have to change it

blue_peg_16v
14-04-08, 09:43 PM
the body work mounts will be fine but you will need an engine mount kit from some one such as chris astley, in the mount kit you will get a front engine mount and a rear gear box space, people only move the body work mount when they use a standard mount if that makes sence

chimp007_uk
14-04-08, 09:47 PM
i have a painted up gte fuel tank pm me if you're interested :) you're not too far

vauxestate
14-04-08, 09:47 PM
ahh ok i see so will i have to change tank

at the mo iv got the engine an big brakes
just nee a list really to get me on my way

an cheers

chimp007_uk
14-04-08, 09:50 PM
GTE shafts for the box, mpi fuel tank, inline pump, engine/gearbox mounts, exhaust, manifold, loom, gte/gsi rad (ideal) uprated shocks and springs. Plating kit is optional, seam/stitch weld the engine bay :)

vauxestate
14-04-08, 09:54 PM
so seam/stitch weld the engine bay is a deffo then an do i need to change anyting on the GTE shafts or just use as they are. an sorry to ask so many Q's but wanna get it right an dunn asap cheers

vauxestate
14-04-08, 10:22 PM
also do i have to change bac brakes or can i just run with big front brakes an standard rears

chimp007_uk
14-04-08, 10:44 PM
drums are ok on the rear... you need the gte shafts because they have a 22spline inner cv :)

vauxestate
14-04-08, 10:57 PM
cool cheers so the shafts will fit my 1.0 hubs then an can i use a gte tank an pump also can i just get away with seam/stich weldin the engine bay if so wot areas will i have to weld cheers

just vaux trev
15-04-08, 12:12 AM
you also need mk2 cavalier 1.6 22 spline inner cv joints as these match the f16/20 gearbox the outers are fine on your 1.0 hubs front breaks are all you need to do, have you got loom and ecu?? also the driveshafts are getting rare now so get on ebay and expect to pay £50 a set + £30 a piece for inner cv's and you also need to mod gear linkage if you have a nosey at it you will notice a white nylon block this needs to be spun through 180 deg and refit sometime it is also required that you trim some of the nylon fittings around the gear stick below the rubber to engage all gears

just vaux trev
15-04-08, 12:15 AM
and you will need to read up on fans to use as the standard one gets in the way of the dipstick rst 306 ect

vauxestate
15-04-08, 12:38 AM
cool nice 1 an aint gte shafts no good as they are or do i still need to change inner cv
an can i get away wit usein gte tank an pump

chimp007_uk
15-04-08, 06:59 AM
gte tank is a mpi (multipoint fuel injection) tank :)

Matt2107
15-04-08, 08:47 AM
I have a GTE pump with cradle and some GTE shafts.
Not sure if the shafts are 22 spline though.

djshaggeh
15-04-08, 12:56 PM
I need a tank but I dont have any cash til the end of the month but Im fairly local and come and pickup.

Vauxestate - cheak out the projects pages, that what I did. There is plenty of photos of where to weld and also the drivers side inner wing needs some beats to get some clearence for the alternator.

vauxestate
15-04-08, 09:22 PM
I have a GTE pump with cradle and some GTE shafts.
Not sure if the shafts are 22 spline though.

cool sweet how much outta interest an where abouts in oxford do ya live :)

vauxestate
15-04-08, 09:22 PM
I need a tank but I dont have any cash til the end of the month but Im fairly local and come and pickup.

Vauxestate - cheak out the projects pages, that what I did. There is plenty of photos of where to weld and also the drivers side inner wing needs some beats to get some clearence for the alternator.

sweet cheers:D