PDA

View Full Version : red top engine misfire and flat stop

jawimpreza
14-04-08, 01:03 AM
hi av only had my nova 20 16v for about over a week or so.....the car was stud for about 7mouths got it mot and taxed...it has a flat spot frew the rev range...also for some reson it starts missing every time i go out after av bin driving it for about 20mins and then it stops and then starts missing for some reson it only happens when thre cars warm also it feels like its not getting its full power......the oil and water is fine.....am gunner put new plugs and leeds and an oil change...plus my mate told me to change the water senscer....is there any other senscer that can make this happen..any info on making my car better....:cry: plz help

walshc
14-04-08, 02:56 AM
It could be the fuel pump???
Ive been reading a few topics lately about similar problems, and theyve normally been feul pump related
Do a search for fuel pumps and see if the other topics can help you :thumb:

HTH :cool:

jawimpreza
14-04-08, 12:39 PM
cheers buddy

craig green
14-04-08, 01:43 PM
Can you spell in the Queens English too? Helps us intelligent folk read.

I'd say replace the CTS (coolant temp sensor). Its the blue sensor in the thermostst housing. Make sure the 2 wires on its plug arent chafed.

Also remove the wiring terminals off the fuel pump & clean them up with emery paper.

Make sure the earths for the battery & engine/loom are earthed well in the engine bay.

Fit new plugs, but gap them correctly first. Inspect the rotor arm & dizzycap. Replace if suspect. Cleaning the surfaces with emery paper is not sufficient.

jawimpreza
14-04-08, 08:39 PM
cheers ...sorry about my spelling .........what gap should the plugs be ...

craig green
15-04-08, 12:48 PM
Look in the HAYNES manual for an XE.

0.8 springs to mind

jawimpreza
15-04-08, 07:39 PM
also the new plugs are twin spark made by ngk and they said thats what is listed for the xe..are they ok to use...and i think i might need a new dizzy as it feels a bit rough when i was turning it by hand and the metal clip in side that covers the magnet was broke?......thanks

jawimpreza
17-04-08, 09:48 PM
hi how can i test my fuel pressure....as the problem is still there

walshc
18-04-08, 02:03 AM
You can get fuel pressure testing kits, but theyre quite expensive AFAIK :confused:

jawimpreza
18-04-08, 11:17 AM
i know bit am gunner try and lend one

Will F
18-04-08, 02:06 PM
Dont bother, it wont be fuel related, well it is more likely to be other things anyway...

If the ignition side is all A-OK then it is a sensor/electrical fault as it is intermittent isnt it?