PDA

View Full Version : sun blind

stugsi
26-08-02, 07:34 PM
I may sound thick but how do you wire up the sun blind with the light in? As i have got one from a scrap yard today.

carltoncrazy
26-08-02, 08:53 PM
take the roof lining out and wire into the interor light

ade
27-08-02, 12:38 AM
taking roof lining down will be a pig if the windscreen is still in coz its tucked up behind windscreen. Another way would be to run wires from the boot light before the switch, back to the front of the car (along the body, under the door edge trim skirt, up the A piller and thread it through the lining on the A piller to a hole left when you remove the existing sun visor (which should have a switch when opened) - a little long winded but saves removing/damaging yer roof lining.

I'm, thinking of doing something similar but instead of the visor have lights in the footwells.

:wink:

Ste_Nova
27-08-02, 10:41 PM
i just pulled mine through with a wire coat hanger

bob
28-08-02, 10:24 PM
are they on all the time? or off the ignition? or on with the curtesy lite?

mikeoxford
28-08-02, 11:41 PM
when you lift the flap to the vanity mirror, it illumintaes, built in microswitch somewhere

stugsi
30-08-02, 06:19 PM
i fitted the sun blind got the wires though after a few trys solded it to interior light but it only works when i put the interior light on should i wire it 2 another power supply :?

bob
02-09-02, 10:51 AM
Im about to have a go at this too,I think that we need to find out if the lite switch has a permanent live feed or not,then we can tap onto the feed OR negative,and get the other we need ELSEWHERE

ade
02-09-02, 11:35 AM
I think the interior light works off yer door pin switch - open doors and the light comes on - close them and it turns off.

Mine has a delay after doors are closed and stays on for 30 seconds coz of my alarm.

Not too sure how you would wire it up (not my strong point) - can you not run it paralell with the door pin so it comes on regardless when the doors open or not?

Ade

bob
30-09-02, 10:43 AM
Ive done mine now and I know how to do it!- tap the live off from the curtesy lite,and feed it to each, it needs to go to the red wires for the suvisors,then earth the sunvisors with a small length of speaker cable and a O-ring crimp,to the screwholes the sunvisor mounts screw into!