PDA

View Full Version : anyone

carrie_girl_wonder
12-04-08, 01:40 PM
fancy meeting up sunday in Aylesbury in the afternoon or mk in the eve? I don't mind which location :thumb:

Ricky G
12-04-08, 02:22 PM
to do what?

dave.gsi
12-04-08, 02:31 PM
to sit in maccys car park eating, and doing (!)........doughnutzzzz lol

carrie_girl_wonder
12-04-08, 03:21 PM
to do what? lol well to just meet, my mate was on about me arranging a 'nova' meet so I thought i would see if anyone was up for it, just hav a chat and , personally for me get tips and ideas lol :D

General Baxter
12-04-08, 03:38 PM
view your regional forums for meet info please

carrie_girl_wonder
12-04-08, 03:44 PM
view your regional forums for meet info please

but you cant access meet info unless your a member i dont think...:confused:

brucer
12-04-08, 03:51 PM
but you cant access meet info unless your a member i dont think...:confused:

you are a member!?!

and whats wrong with arranging another meet anywho??

not everybody can attend the official regional meets.

KITT1972
12-04-08, 03:52 PM
there is a meet on the 3 may 7pm at blue water or just pay £10 and join its worth it

Lee
12-04-08, 03:52 PM
I stay in MK during the week, however you will get no hints and tips from my 1 point poo. Today I discovered the countdown has started to complete and total exhaust failiure lol

MC
12-04-08, 04:06 PM
Whats wrong with someone wanting to meet and not arranging through the nationally recognised PNG?

If you limit meets to club members you'll get 2 or 3 people if you are lucky. Invite everyone and you might get a decent turn out. Its how we used to do it and Novaload was very successful.

MC

MC
12-04-08, 04:29 PM
Before I come over as a grumpy old git, I'd like to add the following:

I'm perfectly happy with a club membership scheme with keyrings, t-shirts and secret special forums. I'm even happy with the idea of official events organised between members, but you can't stop those who haven't joined from arranging there own meets and events, and turning up to public places where other events are.

And what musn't be forgotten is that the general chat and technical forums that are open to all are what make Novaload work. Thats where the interest, knowledge and real spirit are.

MC

spanishfly
12-04-08, 04:52 PM
I love MC! I once went to his house and he taught me everything I know! I bought his old seats so I could sniff them! I was young and naive :P

I agree with him though:)

MC
12-04-08, 05:31 PM
Did you really sniff them? lol

Those were the glory days! Think you are more of a Nova god than me now though!

MC

Lee
12-04-08, 05:36 PM
What on earth is Jim going to do now he's the only member of 'team tightass'? lol

brucer
12-04-08, 05:58 PM
not too sure if what MC is saying about novaload is what im thinking.:wtf:

but before PNG joined novaload it used to be more boy racer(no offence)/modified car club. were as PVG was enthusiasts.i used both forums in source of help when i needed it and now PNG has come across, these people take the mick out of some of the original members cars.

stamp on my face if some of my info is wrong but this is my two cents.lol

we're all one big family now and i enjoy it.:thumb:

Lee
12-04-08, 06:00 PM
Not seen any of that going on at all! In fact, since we merged ive noticed a significant reduction in bitchyness tbh!

Glengy
12-04-08, 06:00 PM
so where is the meet going to be?

brucer
12-04-08, 06:04 PM
it doesnt happen really due to there not being any max power lovers on here.

its always at the back of my mind.so slap me now!:tard:

Lee
12-04-08, 06:06 PM
it doesnt happen really due to there not being any max power lovers on here.

its always at the back of my mind.so slap me now!:tard:

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlLA/original/bitch-slap_1130536521.jpg

brucer
12-04-08, 06:08 PM
thats the 5th ive collected this week.lmaolol

meritlover
12-04-08, 06:36 PM
fancy meeting up sunday in Aylesbury in the afternoon or mk in the eve? I don't mind which location :thumb:

iam sorry to let you down, but im washing my hair that day.

carrie_girl_wonder
12-04-08, 08:31 PM
ok so if anyone wants to have a 'meet' up how does the normal mk carpark thing near maccy d's sound?at say 8? warning though,police are there so if you know you have illegal stuff watch out :) you won't be able to miss me :thumb:

Glengy
12-04-08, 08:35 PM
im might pop down later if people are going if not is anyone going tomorrow?

kevw
12-04-08, 10:55 PM
I think I've missed something somewhere!

Lynsey
13-04-08, 12:53 PM
I'm with stupid^ lol

chimp007_uk
13-04-08, 12:59 PM
cofuseled... lol

carrie_girl_wonder
13-04-08, 01:44 PM
cofuseled... lol

wats confusing

if anyone fancy's meetin at the mk carpark near baccy d's at 8 it would be rad :D

chimp007_uk
13-04-08, 01:56 PM
baccy d's ah... lol

Whats the chav to enthusiast ratio?

Lynsey
13-04-08, 03:28 PM
1:0 is my guess.

carrie_girl_wonder
13-04-08, 05:27 PM
hopefully the weather will perk up before 8 :wtf:

i dont kno about chavs, im goin to meet whoever on here wants to meet

spanishfly
13-04-08, 06:15 PM
Did you really sniff them? lol

Those were the glory days! Think you are more of a Nova god than me now though!

MC

lollol

Still love for you though poppet!:thumb:

chimp007_uk
13-04-08, 06:45 PM
might pop down on my trot back to cov this evening, if i ever get packed and the m1 picks up :(

Where is "baccy d's in mk"?? :p

carrie_girl_wonder
13-04-08, 06:49 PM
might pop down on my trot back to cov this evening, if i ever get packed and the m1 picks up :(

Where is "baccy d's in mk"?? :p

you jus text me asking..

chimp007_uk
13-04-08, 06:55 PM
well, where is it? someone else on here might know if you don't :)

carrie_girl_wonder
13-04-08, 06:57 PM
well, where is it? someone else on here might know if you don't :)

hopefully a few ppl might turn up lol

chimp007_uk
13-04-08, 06:58 PM
McDonald's Restaurants Ltd

H5, Portway, Central Milton Keynes, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire MK9 1DY
McDonald's Restaurants Ltd

52, Midsummer Arcade, Central Milton Keynes, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire MK9 3BB

The Westcroft Centre, Barnsdale Drive, Westcroft, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire MK4 4DD

41, Winchester Circle, Kingston Centre, Kingston, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire MK10 0BA

Anyone?

chimp007_uk
13-04-08, 06:58 PM
ross jumping in with you or is he taking the pug?

carrie_girl_wonder
13-04-08, 07:11 PM
ross jumping in with you or is he taking the pug?

in with me ...

chimp007_uk
13-04-08, 07:14 PM
oh... poor kid! thats embarrissing for him lol

sh0rty
13-04-08, 09:45 PM
did anyone show? bit far for me like :P

kevw
13-04-08, 10:01 PM
I'm with stupid^ lol

lol lol

chimp007_uk
13-04-08, 11:00 PM
not really... :tard:
Mucho chavo though lol

carrie_girl_wonder
14-04-08, 12:37 PM
not really... :tard:
Mucho chavo though lol

no some random blue nova with a double exhaust came parked next to me for 15 minutes didnt say anything and then drove off,not sure if it was a coinsidence that it was a nova or if it was someone from here :confused: and chris (chimp) came, mind u it was rubbish weather but i didnt mind the drive as i got to floor it down the by pass :D i guess i'll wait to pv25th in June to meet other people :)

Jack
14-04-08, 01:29 PM
LMFAO @ this thread lol

BTW. If you fancy organising a meet, avoid places such as McDonalds, as having an "8pm meet at maccy d's y0" will dissuade people such as myself from coming (yes, I know the Cheltenham meets were next to a KFC, but that kept Dan happy); posting up about the police being present kinda proves my point as well. Pugsouthwest have all their meets at McDonalds, which doesn't do much for their image. y0.

That said, give people decent notice and stick to your guns and you should get people turn up once you've had a few meets.

Dod
14-04-08, 01:44 PM
Me, Keith Robinson, Beaney (where is he anyway??) and 5 or 6 others met one Sunday evening in my Local town around 6 O'Clock. It was like a Chav Fest. Being asked if we'd swap the Nova for a 4 Dr Saloon Civic with Type R stickers or if we'd race their Corollas. IIRC, Keith wasted a Sunny GTiR and I managed to beat a Type R wannabe Civic, which was nice.

Matt2107
14-04-08, 01:50 PM
Field of Dreams - "Build it and they will come"

It always helps to have your meet at around lunch time.
Then you can convoy over to a local pub. One of my fav things about the cheltenham meets.

carrie_girl_wonder
14-04-08, 02:16 PM
Field of Dreams - "Build it and they will come"

Then you can convoy over to a local pub. One of my fav things about the cheltenham meets.

oh rite thanks guys, i've never arranged anything, i guess the more i do it the better i'll get :)

I just thought i'd use MK as everyone pretty much knows where it is,well more than Aylesbury anyways.

I also realised when I got there that I wouldn't recognise anyone if they did turn up lol lol

I just can't think of anywhere that would be good to go for a pint :confused:

Dod
14-04-08, 02:17 PM
Carrie, if you're interested I organised a Vauxhall show on St Patricks day a few years ago, there was 70+ Vauxhalls in total which isnt bad. I can give you a few pointers if you like...

chimp007_uk
14-04-08, 02:19 PM
The place itself is a good size etc, however the time and the night ie, "rudeboys" and their "word up" cars isn't the best when you're trying to have a nice friendly gathering and a chat...

A nice weekend afternoon somewhere quiet, where the long arm of the law aren't going to be bothered and be an issue and as said by Matt, you can have a pint :) top stuff :thumb:

A couple of weeks notice and a detailed location and time and people will come.
It could have eben worse, no one could ahve turned up... :eek:

"If you don't succeed at first, try try again"

carrie_girl_wonder
14-04-08, 02:20 PM
The place itself is a good size etc, however the time and the night ie, "rudeboys" and their "word up" cars isn't the best when you're trying to have a nice friendly gathering and a chat...

A nice weekend afternoon somewhere quiet, where the long arm of the law aren't going to be bothered and be an issue and as said by Matt, you can have a pint :) top stuff :thumb:

A couple of weeks notice and a detailed location and time and people will come.
It could have eben worse, no one could ahve turned up... :eek:

"If you don't succeed at first, try try again"

ok.

carrie_girl_wonder
14-04-08, 02:21 PM
Carrie, if you're interested I organised a Vauxhall show on St Patricks day a few years ago, there was 70+ Vauxhalls in total which isnt bad. I can give you a few pointers if you like...

yeh sure be rad :)

chimp007_uk
14-04-08, 02:21 PM
ok.

lol

carrie_girl_wonder
14-04-08, 02:22 PM
lol

u kno u dont have to reply to every word i say chris :/ are u bored or something :confused:

chimp007_uk
14-04-08, 02:24 PM
very... being sneeky sneeky! avoiding trying to resolve some poor range rover designs...

you sung to the children today?

Dod
14-04-08, 02:25 PM
LOL, he likes you Carrie!!

carrie_girl_wonder
14-04-08, 02:31 PM
LOL, he likes you Carrie!!

no thats Tuesday but it's not me doing it tomorrow luckily

yesyes he most likely does ;)

Dod
14-04-08, 02:31 PM
PM sent

chimp007_uk
14-04-08, 02:35 PM
:wtf:

Jack
14-04-08, 02:43 PM
lmfao, Dod's on the pull lol

The gumball style dash across cheltenham town was my favourite part. I know I shaved through a couple of traffic lights, but how the feck Ash at the back made it through the day without incurring any traffic tickets I'll never know lol

Dod
14-04-08, 02:48 PM
Shaaaat it!!!!

carrie_girl_wonder
14-04-08, 02:52 PM
also does anyone know a good cheap place where i can get a sticker made up?

chimp007_uk
14-04-08, 03:01 PM
yell.com for screen writers in alyesbury :)

carrie_girl_wonder
14-04-08, 03:03 PM
yell.com for screen writers in alyesbury :)

I have all rather expensive and not simple ones

chimp007_uk
14-04-08, 03:22 PM
http://www.yell.com/ucs/UcsSearchAction.do?scrambleSeed=67036755&keywords=sticker+makers&companyName=&location=aylesbury&searchType=advance&broaderLocation=&clarifyIndex=1&ooa=&M=0&ssm=0&rad=&lCOption32=Designers+-+Advertising+%26+Graphic

carrie_girl_wonder
14-04-08, 04:27 PM
http://www.yell.com/ucs/UcsSearchAction.do?scrambleSeed=67036755&keywords=sticker+makers&companyName=&location=aylesbury&searchType=advance&broaderLocation=&clarifyIndex=1&ooa=&M=0&ssm=0&rad=&lCOption32=Designers+-+Advertising+%26+Graphic

cheers for proovin a point there....

carrie_girl_wonder
14-04-08, 04:36 PM
also if you look chris half of these arnt appropriate,I know most of the places around Ay:(

chimp007_uk
14-04-08, 04:56 PM
i used to be able to design and cut simple stickers at my secondary school lol

i can try and get hold of matt (the guy who was going to blitz up the manta) but i dont know when it'll be or if he'll be cheap...

have a look on ebay if anyone advertises it. worth a poke :)

Matt2107
14-04-08, 05:04 PM
worth a poke :)

That's a bit inappropriate.

Sign writers tend to be expensive initially as they incure set up fees for your designs.

What design are you after.
If someone has already paid the set up fee you'll get them a lot cheaper.

carrie_girl_wonder
14-04-08, 05:07 PM
That's a bit inappropriate.

Sign writers tend to be expensive initially as they incure set up fees for your designs.

What design are you after.
If someone has already paid the set up fee you'll get them a lot cheaper.

it was just to get girl wonder in black lettering, my mate sai its cheap but i found a place for a tenner but id ont kno if thats a good price or not :confused: like the size of the pngclub website thing

Lynsey
14-04-08, 05:49 PM
Can't you just buy a pack of stickers and do it yourself? Just a quick example off ebay but you can get different sizes/ fonts/ colours if you wish. If you do that be sure they are lined up perfectly though!

carrie_girl_wonder
14-04-08, 06:34 PM
yeh i did think of that but mate said it wud be easier to get it made and wudnt cost much as only letters ,been tryin to get hold of him to ask him tho :/

Ricky G
14-04-08, 08:18 PM
try robinson sign's in askett just outside aylesbury. my friend shaun works there. ring up im sure they will do it. altho a tenner seems reasonable i spose for what you want anyway.

vauxestate
14-04-08, 09:41 PM
wens the next meet

chimp007_uk
14-04-08, 09:53 PM
dunno... i'm back this weekend, then in cov the following weekend. i'll find a nice place to do it this week and try and sort soemthing :)

vauxestate
14-04-08, 09:56 PM
it try an come up in my lean mean low an slow green mashine lol

chimp007_uk
14-04-08, 10:00 PM
just jacked carries thread and job of organising... i'll leave it to her :(

Matt2107
15-04-08, 08:39 AM
£10 actually is pretty good... that's the cost of some middle range mascara.

I'd go with them if they're local to you.

chimp007_uk
15-04-08, 09:07 AM
£10 actually is pretty good... that's the cost of some middle range mascara

Referencing to an understandable quantity for a lady lol nice

£10 sounds a fair price, if you do it on time and what most places will charge an hour

chimp007_uk
15-04-08, 09:12 AM
Matt... Just had a weird thought, how do you know how much a "middle of the range" mascara costs????

Something you're not telling us all ;)

Dod
15-04-08, 09:19 AM
Matt... Just had a weird thought, how do you know how much a "middle of the range" mascara costs????

Something you're not telling us all ;)

I've been getting those Vibes for a while.

He's been hanging around with Jack a lot as well. :wtf:

carrie_girl_wonder
15-04-08, 10:05 AM
just jacked carries thread and job of organising... i'll leave it to her :(

yeh u poo dont jack my thread

I found out from my mate theres a place near fairford leys that wud do it there n then for a fiver and put it on level for me :thumb:

Jim
15-04-08, 10:09 AM
Carrie, if you're interested, I used to organise meets at Willen Lake. It's a much nicer place (providing everyone behaves themselves) and is just off the M1 J14, so nice and easy for people to find (unless your name is Scott.Parker, who I remember got lost and ironically found his way to Kingston Mcdonalds, lol).

Also, the Xscape car park held many a meeting too.

Prior to the membership days I was able to attract a lot of people to the meets and some famous faces; boost beast and even Ian Story as well as Redline magazine.

The point is, if you keep trying turn outs will increase. If my car ever gets finished I might help organise some meets in the summer months, after all, meeting up with other enthusiasts is what its about, regardless of whether you are a club member or not.

P.S. Lee, if you do grumpy git membership discounts I might join :p

Stuart
15-04-08, 10:13 AM
I'll pay £10 to NOT have jim in the club :D lol

carrie_girl_wonder
15-04-08, 10:13 AM
Carrie, if you're interested, I used to organise meets at Willen Lake. It's a much nicer place (providing everyone behaves themselves) and is just off the M1 J14, so nice and easy for people to find (unless your name is Scott.Parker, who I remember got lost and ironically found his way to Kingston Mcdonalds, lol).

Also, the Xscape car park held many a meeting too.

Prior to the membership days I was able to attract a lot of people to the meets and some famous faces; boost beast and even Ian Story as well as Redline magazine.

The point is, if you keep trying turn outs will increase. If my car ever gets finished I might help organise some meets in the summer months, after all, meeting up with other enthusiasts is what its about, regardless of whether you are a club member or not.

P.S. Lee, if you do grumpy git membership discounts I might join :p

yeh great well on sunday i did the meet at the hocky stadium but i didnt really advertise it for long plus it was hammering it down,midn u it wasnt when i left.the place you suggested sounds awesome for summer :) i'll bare it in mind !

Dod
15-04-08, 10:29 AM
Yeah but remember, you may need permission or you could be asked to leave. I can see the Head lines in the Local papers now "Local Boy Racers loiter in Car Park"

Best plan is to have permission and make sure everything is cosha. We've had non standard Exhausts and Tinted Windows Banned in Ireland. The Cops used to line the streets and have check points outside our meets stopping everyone in their sight. And when people see the Law holding up a line of Modified cars, its automaticially assumed that the drivers were causing trouble.

carrie_girl_wonder
15-04-08, 10:46 AM
Yeah but remember, you may need permission or you could be asked to leave. I can see the Head lines in the Local papers now "Local Boy Racers loiter in Car Park"

Best plan is to have permission and make sure everything is cosha. We've had non standard Exhausts and Tinted Windows Banned in Ireland. The Cops used to line the streets and have check points outside our meets stopping everyone in their sight. And when people see the Law holding up a line of Modified cars, its automaticially assumed that the drivers were causing trouble.

really?! never knew that.

yeh i'm only gettin ideas at the momment:)

chimp007_uk
15-04-08, 11:00 AM
Best plan is to have permission and make sure everything is cosha. We've had non standard Exhausts and Tinted Windows Banned in Ireland. The Cops used to line the streets and have check points outside our meets stopping everyone in their sight.

A mate of mine was telling me how strict the police are. He drives a skyline and constantly complaining about the noise.

He also told me how much you guys pay on Tax and Insurance :eek:

Dod
15-04-08, 11:06 AM
No ****, and it tax goes up every 10cc.

My first car was a 1.1 Fiesta Van, costing €1600 to insure and €300 to buy!!
I now Drive a Madza 323 1.4 and I love it. Its Navigation rally prepaired and the Cops dont look at it. But I'm also insured to drive any other car as well

Carrie, if you like I'll make up a short list for you this evening.

Jim
15-04-08, 11:20 AM
I'll pay £10 to NOT have jim in the club :D lol
Deal! send me £10 then :D

chimp007_uk
15-04-08, 11:30 AM
The Irish boys i knew at uni loved their rally nova's, but the most they could afford was a 1.4sr/sri or a 1.6 at a push lol Crazy stuff... My mates skyline is a RB20DET so not too extreme but atleast twice what it would cost me to insure it lol

Dod
15-04-08, 11:57 AM
And we still ove our Novas, they sell for as much as €7500 at the minute Thats around 6k STG!! And I got 6. :D

carrie_girl_wonder
15-04-08, 11:57 AM
No ****, and it tax goes up every 10cc.

My first car was a 1.1 Fiesta Van, costing €1600 to insure and €300 to buy!!
I now Drive a Madza 323 1.4 and I love it. Its Navigation rally prepaired and the Cops dont look at it. But I'm also insured to drive any other car as well

Carrie, if you like I'll make up a short list for you this evening.

lol u dont have to im sure im not totally incapable of planning some stuff but i'm welcome to ideas :thumb: