PDA

View Full Version : is anyone there?? need advice

just vaux trev
12-04-08, 01:03 AM
moved house last week and had to make my own garage doors (have built 2 basic wooden doors and im thinking about security as i have already cought 3 lads snooping round my cars in the rear garden i have 3 nova's here and dont want to risk damage to any skint at the mo due to move and wondered if anyone has nocked anything together them selves. and yes the lads made me run and yes i cought one and well i dont think he will be coming anywhere near again garage doors are 15ft long in total X2 doors anyone??:(

Lee
12-04-08, 01:19 AM
Dirty great steel bar normally does the trick. Right across the doors, which you slide in from one side, and secure it to the brickwork either side via a feck off padlock.

Ernie
12-04-08, 07:32 AM
My lockup backs on to the local butchers place which has a camera looking over the site. Ive also seen him come out with a big meat cleaver when some lads were snooping around.
I aint seen them back since lol.

blue_peg_16v
12-04-08, 08:33 AM
well that and you with your hammer ernie is enought to scare anyone lol

LEWI007
12-04-08, 09:02 AM
Steel bar is a good idea, My dad done it once looked like it worked a treat lol

womble sri
12-04-08, 09:16 AM
if you have got a mckays near you they manufacture metals. id just stick some 5mm steel sheets over the entire span of the dorr inside and out for exta security. obviously it will need to be drilled and you can buy security fixings so they cant be removed. steel bars would defo help but the sheets will make people think there is no way of getting in and stop any one from trying to jimmy the doors

just vaux trev
12-04-08, 12:18 PM
think the scaff styler bar sounds best so far all i have at the mo is 1 small pad-lock and this by the front door http://http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee77/justvauxtrev/DSC01290.jpg]

General Baxter
12-04-08, 12:29 PM
lol thats not a spanner

twistysnovagte
12-04-08, 12:35 PM
im sure you could of sussed the idea of the bar and locks as lee sugested, posting up that you have virtualy no security at the moment is not something to keep the thugs away,maybe only inviting then for a look around.:(

FUSION X16XE
12-04-08, 12:46 PM
hahaha you should see the size of one of my wrenches ill get a pic later, if i get any **** thats what i use. have you though about a pir sensor (i think thats what there called) mount the sensor were ever you think they may gain entry and put the alarm unit in you house, maybe next to you bed and hey presto you know if anybodys snooping.

brucer
12-04-08, 12:57 PM
security lights are cheapish arn't they??

might help a bit.