PDA

View Full Version : Weston wheels verdict

Dan
26-08-02, 11:07 AM
What did those who went think, for me, compared to last yrs event they made a massive improvement and it was a good day, started off abit crap with the initial getting in for the stand etc :roll: :roll: but once it had all settled down the day went quite smoothly. the big screen was a great idea cos u could see what was going on in the show arena without having to scrabble to see. Also as per normal the piss taking on the novaload stand was upto the normal good form with many a laugh lol :lol: :lol: :lol: .
A big thanks to those who came and made the day worth while going to :wink:

RobIsGrt18
26-08-02, 11:33 AM
I went and overall thought it was good!!

Was a bit of a trek to get all the way over to weston but i think it was worth it, some of the motors were amazing, esp that Maxy P astra :o SHEER MADNESS!! ..And was that the real supra out of F.A.T.F Got loads of pics aswell :lol:

Was however bit disapointed that there werent a few more bigger trade stands, and it was all a bit packed in, i mean they had a hole airfield they could of spread it out a little more!!

Other than that was wicked......good to say hello to some novaboys again, Breeny, MC, Chris :lol:

Will attend nxt yr's if another 1 is planned !!

- Rob

Tilly
26-08-02, 12:27 PM
I say an excellent day out. Shame as u said it wasnt spread out a bit more 1 min walking around show cars then your walking in the car park........... weird
Nice to meet freak(finally) saw the other lads but went all :oops:
Shame think they could of had more stalls but overall great turn out

Dan
26-08-02, 01:34 PM
yep i gotta agree with some of yer comments but remember that this is only the second event they have done, if you was at last years you would see how diff it was lol, The third should be even better if they improve it on the same scale again.

Freak
26-08-02, 01:40 PM
Was good.

Too many little scrotes about, not enough trade stands, too much emphasis from the cops on patronising us- 'modding is bad...we know everything, do as we say etc...'

I didnt have far to go...but if i had travelled a fair way i may have felt differently....

Was worth it tho.
Thanks to ANT for sorting the stand
No thanks to the (useless) organisers...

Chris...after trying to race you on the M5 on the way home....that plan we were discussing is GO! ;) :D

djp_y2k
26-08-02, 03:24 PM
yea it wasnt that bad. Got a bit bored at times though, but enjoyed it.

Miss western wheels was well worth watching. Whish i could get a lap dance!

Novaload stand was cool, nice cars, great atmosphere.

Saw a couple nice nova's around. A white wide arched one, 19" team diynamic diablos.

A flipped out one, which looked like it had a carzone rear bumper off a clio on it, imercher twin lights and bad boy.

And a read one with two jap tailpipes stickin out its boot lid.

RobIsGrt18
26-08-02, 04:08 PM
yeh ant i, like a lot of other peeps i have spoke to, appreicate that it was only the 2nd eva Weston Wheels and that a lot's been improved on since last year, and will continue to be improved for nxt yr :) !!

Just think for the a event of the size it was, needs more entertainment, esp when u think of how much money the organizers must of made!!

Tilly
26-08-02, 04:26 PM
so true last yr ?4-5 a car this year per person and re admission was ?5 a car. Could of done prize draws and stuff

CP
26-08-02, 04:28 PM
A v.good day and although I agree with what the others said about it, remember until recently it was just a cruise so it will take time to get sorted. There was a hoooge turn out so I'm sure it will have a lot more going on at it next time cos trade peeps will be gagging to have stands there. I know that Tom Lunns mate who organised it put a hell of a lot hard work into it to make sure that the Weston cruise remains a top event.

Talking of the locals, at this point I must say a big thanx to Dan (and his m8 Jazza) without whose help me and MC would probably still be there lol! Cheers m8 top man! :D We owe you big time!
Anyway got home eventually after a bit of welding work lol!

It was good to see some new faces off Novaload as well as the more familiar ones. Even Elgan was in evidence lol! Spent a good part of the day with someone off RB :o ! Chip was his site name but he turned out to be very knowledgeable so we all got along fine which makes me think that an RB/ Novaload day could actually go off OK and be a good crack. He also reckons to have been in Ged's car and says it is very quick so ya boo sucks to us lot! Plus Geds s'posed to be a very fast driver if a little reckless lol! So there you go - don't say we aren't fair and sing peoples praises on here!

As for the cars we strolled round the car park as well as the show area and there was literally everything there from Smarts to a DeLorean. There must have been getting on for 1000 cars there at its peak? All in all a very good turnout.

Of course me and MC just couldn't keep the "Press" away from us all day, the model slags that we are lmao! I'm likely to win yet another "sad muppet wanker photo" medal and it kept Dan and the others well amused.

Finally ( and predictaby) of course Ian will be glad to know that I kept up my jammy blagging record. This time a Max P staff writer came over and said did we want go on all expenses paid day out to a rally school and then try out a new rally game on the PS to see how the 2 compared being as we were obviously hard core rally drivers and all that! LMAO!

Errr ...... Yeahhh! Too bad I'm not a rally driver and i cant play the fooking PS lol! Never mind I'll worry about that later :lol:

BTW I know who's had all the pies :wink: ehh Dan Lol!

Dan
26-08-02, 05:16 PM
BTW I know who's had all the pies ehh Dan Lol!
LMFAO, dunno what u mean mate :twisted: :twisted: :wink:
also why not come and say hi to all of us tilly, no need to go :oops: or nuffin we dont bite................... much lol
(granted if ya was a cookie it might be diff 8) )

Tilly
26-08-02, 05:27 PM
I was speaking to andy for a bit and he showed me chris and breeny

kevw
26-08-02, 05:30 PM
Shame i cudnt get down :x

It did sound good through dans mobile tho lol

Freak
26-08-02, 06:40 PM
Lol

I can confirm that ANT (Dan) is a fat git who eats too much......

Everyone else had one burger....Dan goes and buys a Burger, and a hot dog......then goes back for more, them some waffles, then some flapjacks, then some more food later..... Whats the point in stripping the car out if you just gonna pile it on your gut instead..... :lol:

Was a good laugh tho.......

Thing is- Weston used to be about having a good time, just cruise down there on bank holiday and see whos about.....Was never organised- just pure tradition....

Yesterday was nothing more than a medium sized car show.....

Still they getting it right year by year, so heres to next year being bigger and better (with better organization)

Breeny
26-08-02, 06:56 PM
twas alright. :lol:

CP
26-08-02, 08:14 PM
You missed some out Freak. Finally the forces of nature came to bear and on the way back concerned that he could run dangerously low on carbohydrate during the 25 yd return trip, Dan decided to stock up just in case - hmm nice, an ice cream- better safe than sorry lol!

Chris_W
26-08-02, 09:32 PM
Well, overall wasn't a bad day.
Bit of an early start to get there, but was fun playing with porsches and Police Rovers/MGs on the M25 & M4 on the way down lol
Getting into the stand was a bit hectic, but as the others say, I'm sure the organisers are still working at getting it right, so we won't hold it against them.
Was good to meet up with the rest of the novaloaders, was lots of piss taking and laughs all round. Had alot of good technical discussions about engines and brakes, especially turbo conversions, which was nice, and I've now come away with alot of ideas courtesy of CP & MC.
My car and the site got it's 30secs of fame, when the roaming camera came in and had a good look round my car and zoomed in on the web address, might have stayed longer round my car if a certain person had scared them off by standing it! (Breeny ;))
Had a good look round the carpark and saw some nice cars, including a Dark Maroon Nova on 17" or 18" rims and a wide arch kit aswell as some rich guy who seemed to enjoy bounced his Ferrari 360 off the rev limiter :O
Throughout the day we had regular food stops for Dan, who was eating food like it was going out of fashion ;)
Because of my 3 hour journey home I left @ 9:30ish with Breeny and Freak.

Freak on the M5, Did you change down when you came alongside as I just planted it in 5th when I pulled away :O

Overall it was good, and I think I'll be back next year

Chris

Breeny
27-08-02, 09:15 AM
They wouldnt have even looked around your car if it wasnt for me getting them to zoom in on novaload.net :evil: Wasnt my fault they said stand by the car to make it look like yours, MC did it to mine aswell :lol:

Anonymous
27-08-02, 09:54 AM
Was good to meet up with some fellow nova lovers, no matter waht site people use most, the whole RB/NL thing is a bit childish really IMHO, at the end of the day, none of us are driving saxos and thats what counts!

CP, did yuo get your crank sensor welded up okay, i assume so as you haveny mentioned getting the RAC to two you home or anything.

All in all a good day i reckon, and i met lots of interesting people and breeny :P

A novaload / roybacer day out is certainly a good idea i reckon, have to make it a track day so ged can prove what a total psycho driver he is, just please dont expect me to be on the track at the same time as him!

Chip

Anonymous
27-08-02, 10:03 AM
PS

CP, i think your car is probably my favourite nova of all time, the tuned 1.4 is just SO much more interesting than just another boring old crappy valver like mine!
Really nicely done, and good to see how much of it you ahve done yourself as well, its a real credit to you.

CP
27-08-02, 10:58 PM
Cheers m8 :oops:

Well I managed to sparrow shit it on - only had 1 welding rod and it didn't want to arc up properly. Was shitting it abit cos it wasn't really on solid & we thought the bastid thing may fly off on some corner and never be seen again so we took it easy and in the event apart from the occasional momentary cut out it was OK.

Anonymous
28-08-02, 12:05 AM
Well, at least now its home you can do it properly i guess.

Im assuming the pulley will come off easy enough with the engien in the car, there seemed to be plenty of room around it.

Chip

Chris_W
28-08-02, 11:50 PM
Right, I've uploaded my pics to the site, and once Kev's had a bit of time to tweak them, and Dan's uploaded his pics then we can write a report and get it all posted to you lot :D

Chris