PDA

View Full Version : Flapping noise at high speed

Nova_Tek
10-04-08, 02:28 PM
When travelling at say 50+ mph or when theres very heavy winds against the car there seems to be a flapping noise coming from the passenger side arch/footwell sort of area.

Also with this noise there is a slight squeek.

Im baffled at what it could be.

I have had a very brief look to see if anything has been caught. Will make the time to have a good look but just seeing if anyone has had a similar issue before.

Dod
10-04-08, 02:49 PM
Loose Mud Flap, or side skirt. Also check if theres any rust of holes that have recently appeared in the arches, sills and boot floor.

burgo
10-04-08, 03:00 PM
have you checked yours wings are bolted on properly?? praps thats causing the flapping noise!!

Nova_Tek
10-04-08, 03:07 PM
I havent had a thorough look or poke around I shall go do that now. Will let you know in a mo.

Nova_Tek
10-04-08, 03:20 PM
ok,

Just went outside had a good, prod, poke, pull, shake, bump etc and everyhting seems to be ok.

suspension looks fine nothing loose, wing is nice and tight bumper is fitted properly, no new rust areas by the looks of things.

No mudflaps fitted.

Cant think of anything else :(

Dod
10-04-08, 11:02 PM
ok,

Just went outside had a good, prod, poke, pull, shake, bump etc and everyhting seems to be ok.

Yeah, but what about the car?

If everything is alright and secure then put it out of your head. I'll be alright.

Nova_Tek
10-04-08, 11:06 PM
I know what you are saying mate but there obviously is something making that noise and the squeek.

I'll eventually find it.

Dod
10-04-08, 11:11 PM
Yeah or it'll fall off. Either way is sorted.

Bare in mind the last of the Novas are still 15yrs old, its to be expected so its no unusual.

jimbob-mcgrew
13-04-08, 04:40 PM
wing mirror or door handle ?
is the headlight securly in ? theres a little square shaped bit of plastic at the base of it that holds it straight for alignment of the beam, prone to braking, headlight can flap about.
maybe one of the rubber bungs that hold the radiator legs in ? squeeky squeek. wheelnuts done up tight :D im just making em up now i dunno lol.
hope u get it sorted, ive had a nasty noise on my mine that i cant fix.. might just change all the wheel bearings, the engine and box and dash and everything.. just replace the entire car, then it might fix it.

Nova_Tek
13-04-08, 07:06 PM
well i've cheked all obvious things just need to see how it goes.

Thanks

olix99
15-04-08, 09:03 PM
window wiper blades flap around at higher speeds..i know its not in the footwell area but its a suggestion lol