PDA

View Full Version : 20 year old insurance on a 3 litre v6 nova?

P Whack
09-04-08, 10:07 PM
Anyone help me? i got qouted 3000 for my nova even tho they didnt take any of my details except my age and what i had done!!!

Steve
09-04-08, 11:19 PM
Who quoted you that? Try HIC, adrian flux or sky insurance. Seriously though I think you should have checked out the quotes before you went ahead with the conversion.

Im sure you can get it for less than ?3k though.

Jack
10-04-08, 12:12 AM
If an insurance company gave me a quote with only my age and the car info, I'd laugh at them and put the phone down.

Iain
10-04-08, 04:11 PM
A quote of £3000 is them basically saying they're not really interested in insuring you though? Would you rather they said £3000 before 15 minutes reeling off your details or after? lol

P Whack
10-04-08, 07:02 PM
True, that was with adrian flux! will try HIC but doubt it will get any better! lol

chimp007_uk
10-04-08, 07:17 PM
if you don't have any luck with either of them, i think you're goign to struggle else where... get it on a classic policy with hic, i'm only 22 and no ncb (as you dont need one) and a big accident last year and only £420 tpft or £750 fc...

P Whack
10-04-08, 07:28 PM
Gonna see if they will do it or insure the car with them in an older persons name with me on the policy as its a classic policy it wont affect their no claims if the inevitable happens is that right?

chimp007_uk
10-04-08, 08:25 PM
not really...
on a classic policy, ncb means nothing... like i have a 1years ncb now, a i told them that, but the nice kind flirty girl on the phone told me that i dont have to provide proof, as it doesnt affect my premium if i dont declare them... so if you have full ncb it'll still be the same as someone with no ncb if you get me?!?
obviously, if you do it someone else name and u make a claim they have a claim against their name. so kind of true kind of not.
sometime you'll find that its actually cheaper to put it in your own name, as i have a 306 dturbo-s as a daily driver and that was in ym dad's name last year (grp7 insurance) and cost £800 (after my accident...) this year they want £750, but i've found it on admiral in my name for £420... lol so something's wrong somewhere.

i've disputed countless stupid insurance quotes, after the accident norwich union wanted £1500 to insure mt nova gte so i sold it :( and went and bought my manta gte drifty track spec and insured that for £580 lol i asked then why is it so cheap in comparison to my 306 and they said there are less mantas on the road compared to 306's, so less involved in accidents so statistically they're a safer car lol

it's fubar plain a simple. sorry o jabber on... but that quote isnt bad if you think of power/weight ratio of a v6 nova. a mate whose 21 pays £2500 on a st150 fiesta lol

Jack
10-04-08, 09:40 PM
not really...
on a classic policy, ncb means nothing... like i have a 1years ncb now, a i told them that, but the nice kind flirty girl on the phone told me that i dont have to provide proof, as it doesnt affect my premium if i dont declare them... so if you have full ncb it'll still be the same as someone with no ncb if you get me?!?
"Classic" policies are designed for usage on second cars, who's owners use them irregularly, for example only at weekends, or only during the summer. The idea is you have a daily hack to take you to work/shops/red light district - being as thats your primary car (i.e. the one you use most often), thats the one you'll be using your NCB on. Hence why classic policies don't use or earn you any NCB.

So yes, theoretically, two people of the same age but different NCB will get the same quotes on a classic policy.

BTW, it is possible to have intact NCB and have a claim on your record :p

Mike
10-04-08, 09:56 PM
BTW, it is possible to have intact NCB and have a claim on your record :p

Aye, living proof here :D 3 years NCB yet i have 2 claims for a complete loss via accident and 1 stolen recovered claim. (Never claimed for LHA though else i'd have 4 claims lol)

Nick
04-05-08, 04:10 AM
Your going to struggle with HIC. I'd imagine they will say you need to be 21..

But don't be put off, I phoned Adrian Flux, Declared EVERYTHING and got a qoute of £900+ . Then rang HIC and i got a qoute of £630 !

General Baxter
04-05-08, 11:00 AM
Your going to struggle with HIC. I'd imagine they will say you need to be 21..

But don't be put off, I phoned Adrian Flux, Declared EVERYTHING and got a qoute of £900+ . Then rang HIC and i got a qoute of £630 !

then phone AF again, they WILL beat it, then phone HIC again, and they WILL beat it again thats what i did :thumb:

my first quote was nealry £900, got it down to £346 doing that lol

Mike
05-05-08, 10:22 AM
I got qouted ITRO £1200 F/C on my sisters Vec GSi. Thats at 22 with 3 years NCB. Just some food for though there.