PDA

View Full Version : help about exaust urgant need your advice

knukkles
09-04-08, 09:03 PM
hi there i know its not a nova but i know how well u r at helping ive jst got a bmw 318i e36 [3 series] 1993 . . . for very cheap for a run around untill the nova is done it has a flat spot in the accelaration and its chuddering on tick over and has lost allot ov power ive just changed the air filter spark plugs ht leads fuel filter but the exaust was rattling after i changed all the parts it still runs the same did the exaust manifold gasket as it wa blowing but it ounds the same as before i touched it i have now realised that the knocking noise is cumming from the catolyctic converter i am needing to find out if my cat is broken is that the reason why my car is running rubbish and has lost power thank yoy sorry for the long post

Novaboyleon
09-04-08, 09:25 PM
first of all, learn to spell. As to your car, it sounds liek the cat could be blocked, check the rear of the car for pressure out the exhaust, also after drivin for a time does the exhaust tend to 'glow'?

knukkles
09-04-08, 09:46 PM
yeah the cat box is fooked is that the cause for my flat spot and loss of power and when i get a new cat that shud bring it back to life shudnt it

Novaboyleon
09-04-08, 09:48 PM
should do mate, or get rid of the cat, they are expensive so i doubt you will buy one brand new!

Jack
10-04-08, 12:01 AM
Does it have a diagnostics port on the engine?

Is it eating fuel like there's no tomorrow?

BIGS
10-04-08, 12:04 AM
first of all, learn to spell. As to your car, it sounds liek the cat could be blocked, check the rear of the car for pressure out the exhaust, also after drivin for a time does the exhaust tend to 'glow'?

First learn to spell, its like not liek lol;)

Matt2107
10-04-08, 08:58 AM
should do mate, or get rid of the cat, they are expensive so i doubt you will buy one brand new!

Cat back for my FTO from Mitsi is ?519... :D

Jack
10-04-08, 09:06 AM
Cat back for my FTO from Mitsi is ?519... :D
You mean the cat itself, or the exhaust system from the cat to the tail?