PDA

View Full Version : TB Air Box Group Buy

Jonlem
09-04-08, 08:42 PM
Due to recent problems with cars failing noise tests on track days I have been looking into having some airboxes made to help get around these issues.

I have had a design done but the only query is room, on a nova or Adams car which I based the design on there was issues with the firewall which limited the size of the box, if running 90mm trumpets the box wouldn't give ideal clearance between the end of the trumpet and the rear of the airbox so I have based the design on the assumption that people are not running firewalls.

I can have anything made but it would be much easier to just stick to one design that can cater for all novas/astras/calibras. Anyone who has a corsa would have to email me some some pictures as from working on them I know there is very little room and I dont have a Corsa xe to take any measurements off.

The current design uses its own back plate that comes as a direct fit for the Jenvey tapered tb's and SBD manifold although I believe it will also fit the DTH type as that uses identical spacing. The box itself is made of alloy and the complete assembley is tig welded together professionally, it will have a side mounted intake so there isn't any other clearance issues with the setup, you can simply run a 80mm or maybe larger pipe (depending on what the final size of the box is) towards the front area of the car, wether that is through the grill or headlight or similar is your choice. I have allowed for the fact that some strut braces can catch on the ITG or similar filters so the box will have a small fold at the back of it to allow the required clearance.

The kit would be supplied with a backing plate, air box, fasteners to join the 2, I could supply it with the hose but as every car may need different lengths it would be easier if I give you a suppliers details and you can purchase your own.

The cost of the complete kit will be under ?150 delivered, I will have a definate price once the first one is made in a few weeks.

Can anyone who is interested please reply below, If you have any queries I'll be happy to try to answer them, obviously no pics yet but I'll try to draw a rough sketch up tonight or tomorrow

Jonlem
11-04-08, 12:24 AM
A good mate done this for me tonight, nothing is done to size but it should give you an idea of what it will look like :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v306/Jatec/JBAirbox1.jpg

stark
14-04-08, 01:29 PM
Protec Performance produce an airbox for TB's, email them for details

Jonlem
14-04-08, 04:59 PM
The simple problem with off the shelf airboxes is that they do not suit most converted cars, 9/10 rwd have LOADS of space, nova/corsa/tigra with a xe in it has next to fook all.

We'll see how the first ones goes on a friends car and then see how much we can adapt it to suit other vehicles

stark
14-04-08, 05:18 PM
The version Protec have is fitted to David Bogie's 1400 16v Nova rally car

peester
14-04-08, 06:34 PM
The version Protec have is fitted to David Bogie's 1400 16v Nova rally car

pics links vids?

trackdaynova
14-04-08, 07:29 PM
David Bogie via Google gives you this :thumb:
http://www.pro-tecmotorsport.com/gallery.cfm?e=DAVID%20BOGIE%20NOVA%20AND%20CORSA