PDA

View Full Version : engine alignment

M7VLJ
09-04-08, 08:20 PM
im in need of a little help as i have got my let on all the mounts but does not seem to be sitting correctly, the gearbox side seems very tight to the chassis and higher than the engine side
have i missed anything obvious here
cheers
matt

R1CH
09-04-08, 09:34 PM
What gear box are you using ?? If its the F28 and you've had the mount welded onto the chassis leg for it then it could be welded on to high.
What front engine mount are you using, bolt on 'conversion' mount or have you chooped the actual mount off the chassis leg and lowered that ??

craig green
10-04-08, 10:01 AM
Pics?

Or try supporting the engine on a Jack, losening all the mounts & sitting the engine level & tightening all the bolts again.

M7VLJ
10-04-08, 11:24 AM
im useing an f20 as it would be easyer to fit for the time being, im using a conversion mount for the front of the engine and a nova gearbox mount ill try and get pics of it but do xe's usually sit close on the gearbox side to the chassis
cheerrs
matt

Nobby
12-04-08, 01:07 PM
im useing an f20 as it would be easyer to fit for the time being, im using a conversion mount for the front of the engine and a nova gearbox mount ill try and get pics of it but do xe's usually sit close on the gearbox side to the chassis
cheerrs
matt

yes mine does as long as shes not toucching your ok :D

Lee
12-04-08, 01:26 PM
What hole are you using on the conversion mount to bolt it to the engine mount?

M7VLJ
13-04-08, 11:34 PM
What hole are you using on the conversion mount to bolt it to the engine mount?
im using the botttom 2, but iv looked at a mates conversion and he is using the top one which is sitting nice and straight maybe worth a shot

jimbob-mcgrew
13-04-08, 11:47 PM
surprised you managed to get the bolts into the bottom holes myself, it took 3 of us to get those bolts into that mount whilst trying to align the xe on the other mounts, we did fit the engine with a single troley jack tho.. an engine hoist would have been straight up cheating :D
yeh top 2 holes are the one.

ste porter
14-04-08, 09:31 AM
mine does the same on the passenger front gear box mount look at the alloy block with the rubber on it that bolts to the chassis. if theres more of a gap one side (more ally showing) than the other then the mount is proberly worn perished ect like mine and the engine pushes its way forward

solution

new mount mate thats the only way i could fix mine! it lookeed fine out the car but when the engine was fitted it pushed it forward and the gearbox sat on the chassis mount new mount now sits lovely

M7VLJ
14-04-08, 02:46 PM
wicked so we are saying try the top mount hole then im thinking of having a little break from it at the mo as i have other comitments to complete but hopefully going back to it with a fresh head will do the trick