PDA

View Full Version : Community Support Officers - have they got nothing better to do????

joff-turbo-nova
09-04-08, 07:02 PM
I was at work today in a nice sleepy little town on the East Coast called Hornsea.

Not much really happens and has its own little time zone .... and even the shops still have a half day closing on a Wednesday .... nice !

I parked my Vectra just round the corner from work on a residential street.

I came back to it later this afternoon and found this on the windscreen .....

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15/joff-turbo-nova/PICT0058.jpg

And my offence for this heinous crime .......

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15/joff-turbo-nova/PICT0055.jpg

Yes thats right, I hadn't got round to changing the tax disc and all I had done was shoved it under the old one !!!!! You can't see all of it - shock / horror !!!!! (but you can see the date - i.e the important bit!!)

Looks like it was signed by a CSO as a PC would have put a PC next to the number.

HAVEN'T THEY GOT ANYTHING BETTER TO DO????

Joff

Lee
09-04-08, 07:05 PM
Aww bless them. Thats a pic for the local paper mate I rekon. Embarrass the pants off him! Obviously you wont get anything through as the DVLA will confirm its taxed :)

joff-turbo-nova
09-04-08, 07:07 PM
Obviously you wont get anything through as the DVLA will confirm its taxed :)

They will be hearing from my legal representitives if they try.

Joff

paulnova
09-04-08, 07:17 PM
lol complete waste of time! i agree with Lee, go the papers he'll never hear the last of it in the office haha!!

mowgli
09-04-08, 07:19 PM
In hinckley we used to have traffic wardens who were employed by the police. Now we have parking *******s employed by the council. the other week my missus had a run in with one. at our kids school, they have a special car parking permit valid from 3.00 - 3.30 pm. After then its fair game for the parking *******s. she got to the car for 3.29 & one was hovering with his ticket ready to go.

Iain
09-04-08, 07:27 PM
At least we now know why the DVLA take months to return your logbook! They're too busy verifying crap like that. lol

KSRY
09-04-08, 07:45 PM
I thought they could fine you if you didn't have it displayed??

Jack
09-04-08, 07:49 PM
They can, but he did lol

fix
09-04-08, 07:50 PM
He did have it displayed!

I would definately go to the papers it just shows how much time and resources coppers can waste

Lee
09-04-08, 10:14 PM
Seriously Joff, send it into your local rag, they love stuff like that :)

RJM25R
09-04-08, 10:30 PM
Seriously Joff, send it into your local rag, they love stuff like that :)

Sorry to disagree, but don't waste your breath/time/ink/stamp. Just be smug in the knowledge that when the PCSOWASTEOFSPACE took the job, he/she was pi$$ed with power and would normally be a roadsweeper or such like but now tells all his "friends" that he 'works for the police' and probably lives at home with his mam even though he is 40-odd!!!!!!!

W4NKERS

Lee
09-04-08, 10:31 PM
Sorry to disagree, but don't waste your breath/time/ink/stamp. Just be smug in the knowledge that when the PCSOWASTEOFSPACE took the job, he/she was pi$$ed with power and would normally be a roadsweeper or such like but now tells all his "friends" that he 'works for the police' and probably lives at home with his mam even though he is 40-odd!!!!!!!

W4NKERS

all the more reason to put a small amount of effort in to make him feel small imo lol

imnobby
09-04-08, 10:32 PM
i know what you mean by them having nothing better to do but dont take this the wrong way next time dont be lazy and just put it in the right place it next time it avoids all problems!

mowgli
09-04-08, 10:48 PM
to be honest, I'm quite happy for a 'pretend pc' to be sticking wrong tickets on cars rather than standing next to a lake waiting for a child to drown, cos they haven't been on the right training course........

joff-turbo-nova
10-04-08, 07:07 AM
to be honest, I'm quite happy for a 'pretend pc' to be sticking wrong tickets on cars rather than standing next to a lake waiting for a child to drown, cos they haven't been on the right training course........

Fair point - as about going to the local rag - I was thinking about it but I don't fancy making myself a local target for the rest of the PCO's or PC's in my area!!!

Joff