PDA

View Full Version : Nova Kit Car??

KSRY
09-04-08, 02:48 PM
Hi, I've been thinking about building a kit car for a while and was wondering if anyone has seen 1 or tried to base 1 on a Nova? I know there are 'Nova' Kit cars out there, but I believe they have Pinto engines And as the car would be light, I could get away with a measly 1.2 or push the boat out and have a 1.4, Obviously there would be problesm along the way but has anyone seen/heard of it being done??

BIGS
09-04-08, 02:55 PM
hmm nova kit car

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nova-Kitcar-replica-kit-car-based-on-Lambo-GT40_W0QQitemZ110241171096QQihZ001QQcategoryZ29750 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

KSRY
09-04-08, 03:02 PM
Yes but its not based on a VAUXHALL nova, its based on a VW Beetle, most older kit cars are based on Beetles, etc, new 1's tend to use either Bike engines and boxes, or for larger engines Sierra's...

meritlover
09-04-08, 03:09 PM
it is not an easy vehicle to use as a donor as there is no subframe. the monocoque is used as the pivot points for the lower wishbones. a lot of cars are the same, but more kit cars are based on things where suspension/steering/drivetrain can be removed in one assembly. some people like projects for a challenge, and then dont like a challenge. a nova is a good car to use but there are easier ones. the engines and gearboxes are good. but the drivetrain is nothing special.