PDA

View Full Version : Feature cars section update

kevw
09-04-08, 12:28 PM
OK I have launched the new "Print this vehicles spec sheet" option on the Feature Cars section.

Each Feature Car now has this option:

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/../images/print_spec_sheet.jpg

When you click on it a new window will open where you can print the spec sheet from. I have designed it to be as printer friendly as possible and to fit an A4 page.

It is a good idea to do "Print Preview" in your browser first so that you can make sure it fits and you are happy with it. You can use the "Scale" option within your browsers printing options to shrink the page down if it is too big, or make it bigger if you prefer.

Everyone must now add or update their Feature car and print one of these to display in your window at PV!

PS. The spec sheet takes your "Full name" from your forum profile, if it is not filled out it will not show - so fill it out!

Kev.

Dave.
09-04-08, 05:20 PM
brilliant, all we need now is to be able to comment on them and weve got a fully working feature section lol

top work kev, agree, everyone should have one :thumb:

Jack
09-04-08, 05:30 PM
To create a new feature, click here (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/featurecars_new.php)

To edit and old feature, first find it in the list, view it and use the "You can edit your car here" link.

Bear in mind, changes/additions to the features require verification, so it may take a few days for amendments to show up. Depends how cranky Stu is feeling at the time lol

Kev, is there a link in people's profile or in the feature section to add a new feature? I couldn't find it, had to look in the sticky by Ian to find the link above

Dave.
09-04-08, 05:31 PM
To create a new feature, click here (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/featurecars_new.php)

To edit and old feature, first find it in the list, view it and use the "You can edit your car here" link.

did you really have to tell kev that? or did you read the title and think "oh no.. another newbie.. here we go again..."

Jack
09-04-08, 05:33 PM
did you really have to tell kev that? or did you read the title and think "oh no.. another newbie.. here we go again..."
WTF? :wtf:

No, I'm pre-empting the inevitable "how do I add a feature?" questions - of which I've already had one. ;)

Lee
09-04-08, 05:34 PM

I dont think he was telling Kev how to do it. :roll: lol

Dave, you should know very well how many PM's we have to deal with as well!

burgo
09-04-08, 05:35 PM
yes dave shut up lol. i couldnt find an add feature button as there isnt one hence the link. thanks again mr jack for finding it for me

kevw
09-04-08, 06:43 PM
Kev, is there a link in people's profile or in the feature section to add a new feature? I couldn't find it, had to look in the sticky by Ian to find the link above

Not yet. When we used phpBB I modded the profile page to list the users feature cars, it's a bit trickier in vBulletin and any mods I've done upto now I've done "properly" so I can port them to the newer versions when upgrading to make upgrading a bit easier (it's still a nightmare though).

I've been working on and off on all sorts of new stuff on my offline copy of the site, feature cars is one of them. It will improve 100%+++!!!1111 soon!

The reason comments is still not active is due to stupid spam bots spaming the forms and filling it up with garbage. I need to integrate an image verification or a restriction to erradicate the bots.

yes dave shut up lol :thumb: