PDA

View Full Version : Black or white respray?

fix
09-04-08, 08:49 AM
Im gonna respray my nova this summer which is white at the mo but its a fairly poor paint job with a few runs here and there and its not shiny at all.

Ive decided to eaither respray white or change it to black which will obviously take alot longer but may well be worth it

I just cant decide which! I just think there are alot of white novas out there and dont see many black,but then ive seen some really nicely done white ones.

I know the bottom line is its my decision but thought id ask other peoples thoughts

NovaLad
09-04-08, 10:37 AM
Look at riggys white nova and then look at lee h black nova and you will never be able to decide.

Jack
09-04-08, 01:31 PM
White would be cheaper.

White would look better (paint it black and any unpainted parts would stand out like a sore thumb).

White is a much easier colour to keep clean and tidy.

fix
09-04-08, 02:07 PM
Ive seen Riggys in person it does look good! Ill have a look on here to see some of Lee H's

Yep white is the defo the easiest option to go for its just if im respraying i want to be totally happy with the colour.

I can get 5 litres of either white of black cheap so the cost is pretty much no different,tho this will be my first spray job so i should keep it simple really!

The engine bay needs a repaint anyway whatever happens,tho i know if i spray the car black ill end up driving around with a white engine bay for ages lol

sealeyA1
09-04-08, 02:42 PM
white will be loads easier especially for your first job, trust me, im a painter and any little bits that arent perfect will be magnified by black paint, white is more forgiving.

your choice tho dude.

16v_nova_16v
09-04-08, 03:38 PM
i have a minstrel grey nova at the mo i was gunna paint it white or black witch 1 or shall i paint it grey again !! let me know and am after some 1 who can paint me car on the cheap i can do all the preping (the hardest bits lol) just want some 1 to spray it for me pm me with results cheers my car is in projects under my 2 litre nova take a look it needs arches doing as its just started to bubble so i want it painted oh ye and dont know wheather to paint the bumpers same colour or black let me know

fix
09-04-08, 04:32 PM
Oy whats with hijacking my thread! lol

I think i am gonna go for white,less work to do and i think overall i do prefer it.

I used to prefer black but opinions change i guess!

Thanks for the advice

Smurf-Xx
09-04-08, 05:58 PM
Why not do it white on the front half and black on the back half if you cant decide! :)

I think white ones do look better, also there not as hot to drive in, in the summer!

...Thats if we even get a summer this year!

fix
09-04-08, 07:54 PM
I think ill keep to white Rach rather than half and half lol

Yep the inside of novas get well hot in summer white is better for that,especially when i dont have a sunroof :(

scottydogg38
11-04-08, 01:28 PM
White, i was gonna have mine sprayed white but gonna leave it as red for now

fix
11-04-08, 01:47 PM
Yep its gonna be white it'll make things alot easier,just waiting for the weather to improve