PDA

View Full Version : Fabric cleaner for headrests?

Mr Dan
23-08-02, 05:56 PM
Not really a proper styling question but I got some headrests for my rear seats today. Trouble is they're a bit grubby in true scrapyard style. Can anyone recommend a good fabric cleaner or something to use that won't bugger them up?

8)

kevw
23-08-02, 06:35 PM
I had a good one, cant remember what it was called, when you sprayed it on it went into a foam, then you can scrub the fabric with a brush that was on the lid.

It was ace, so just goto halfords and look for a "foam fabric cleaner" or similar lol

Breeny
23-08-02, 08:42 PM
i bought Auto glym upholstery cleaner the other day, used it on all my seats and headrests and brought them up very well.

mikeoxford
23-08-02, 10:52 PM
i can reccomend simoniz dri-clean apolostory cleaner.

spray on, foams up, rub foam a little to loosen hard stuff, leave a minute or two to foam and lift dirt, scrub! and wipe off!

ade
24-08-02, 08:23 PM
Or you could take em off and wash them!

They unclip - jam a screw driver in a corner (middle split) and prise up and off, then the other side. They pull through the middle. Held on by a plastic surround. Easy!

When fitting, simply remove the metal legs (on clips) refit the cover and shove legs back in!

Mr Dan
27-08-02, 11:52 AM
Went down to Halfords and got some Turtle Wax Interior1 upholstery cleaner as Turtle Wax products were on 3 for 2 offer. Worked well, smells alright too as it has odour out stuff in it. Can recommend.

8)

kevw
27-08-02, 05:51 PM
Mike: simoniz dri-clean

thats the one I had, ace stuff...

mikeoxford
01-09-02, 10:45 PM
used the dri-clean stuff on my blue sri interior from my old car, turned scrap yard seats into factory like ones in an afternoon!

i always keep a spare can of it around.