PDA

View Full Version : Selling up/Cheers/Motorsport bits poss avaliable

olidaviesuk
07-04-08, 11:02 AM
All,

Don't see this as a sales post as it is a genuine thank you! :)

As some of you know have been racing a nova in the Demon Tweeks stock hatch championship for a while now.. due to a change in plans for the remainder of the year (and next) the nova will be being retired..

Just like to say thanks - in particular to Colin Smith for providing bits that i didn't think I could get anymore anywhere at a moments notice and the rest of the people on here for help with various bits and pieces and technical questions.

Will at somepoint over the next couple of weeks be deciding whether im going to split everything (have two cars) or sell complete..

I'll post a copy of this in the for sale section at a later date but if anyone wants to display any initial interest in any of the following pm me....

Grp A head and standalone management (will not separate - looking for ?550 ish / or sensible offers)

Keith Bowyer Grp 'A' head: 1600 8v - Rebuilt 300 miles ago, all valves relapped, new oil seals etc, Skimmed for 11:1 compression ratio, Ported, polished, Uprated strengthend solid lifters (adj tappets), Uprated (shortened valve springs), Uprated steel valve spring retainers. Keith Bowyer one off cam, had this inspected by Kent Cams as my series requires a homologated camshaft, they said it was a far more aggressive profile than the 270 one they make,

MBE 956E management, Full ignition and fuel management, Two maps (one keith bowyer map, one steve greenald standard ish map 110bhp+ on standard internals), 2litre injectors, Standard FPR (if you want to run sg map with a standard cam you will need a FSE regulator set to 3 bar, Coilpack, leads, Mapping Lead, Software, C16SE GSi Airbox - no airflow meter..

With forged pistons and decent bottom end good for 150bhp

Suspension - Gaz custom made motorsport spec - less than 150 miles use as new! (looking for ?550 ish / or sensible offers)

Specially made shortened front struts and custom 300lb 5" springs, 30 ish adjustment points, Specially made shortened rear struts and custom 600lb 5" springs 50 ish adjustment points.. This is really serious competition motorsport kit, quality blows spax RSX kit out of the water, as a guide, I put this on a standard GSi and it was doing very low 1:01's round brands hatch indy on a recent test. Something some redtops with a lot of extra power would struggle to do!

Also have 2x shells one with a custom safety devices cage (cost ?800+) and one with a custom cages rally spec cage (cost ?1600) both MSA approved don't know what im up to with these yet though...

Will sort pictures out when I work out what im doing with all the bits and cars..

And once again cheers!

Stuart
07-04-08, 11:45 AM
this is a sales thread, be it an interest gatherer or a flat out "buy this".... moved to the appropriate forum

novarally
07-04-08, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the feedback Oli. And sorry to hear you're selling up. Hopefully it's to move on to bigger things.

I've got a good friend who's considering a re-shell of his Nova rally car into something better, so when you know what the score is with the 2 shells you have, please drop me a line.

Regards

Colin

trackdaynova
07-04-08, 08:52 PM
Do you have a quickrack for sale?

Adam
07-04-08, 09:03 PM
Do you have any other parts?

Definently wont split the mbe from the head?

Will F
07-04-08, 11:23 PM
Def interested in one of teh shells for a mate.... PM sent

olidaviesuk
08-04-08, 09:57 AM
The safety devices caged shell is now going as a complete car, the custom cages shell is going for ?500 as is, it needs some work to the quarter panels and a new front slam panel to be perfect, however it is straight (chassiswise with no damage to the chassis legs) it's coming as a bare shell with no doors, bonnet, dash etc.. It will come with glass and lights and bumpers. Pictures to come sunday. I'll also chuck in a chris astley chassis plating kit gratis.. can supply doors and a bonnet at extra cost.

This cage currently retails at ?779 at custom cages, then you have to pay at least the same again to have it welded in, non sunroof shell, and probably the strongest cage you can get for a nova

trackdaynova
08-04-08, 11:15 AM
pm received and replied mate :)

cheers, olly.

bramblelea
10-04-08, 08:40 PM
Maybe interested in head and MBE. How much for full running engine? What gbox do you run?
PM me

olidaviesuk
13-04-08, 12:33 PM
MBE and engine now sold, pics to come on the suspension and shell

olidaviesuk
24-04-08, 02:00 PM
Everything now sold