PDA

View Full Version : dash swap questions

jimbob-mcgrew
07-04-08, 05:33 AM
im planning to convert my mk.2 into a mk.1 at some point when ive got the money, probably do a front end swap with someone on here that wants to face lift there mk.1 (watch this space anyone thats interested, that doesnt live too far off).

anyhow, main question is.. im swapping the dash to mk.1 aswel and i wanted to know if everything will swap over straight up.. especially the heater matrix and its cables, switches, or would a mk.1 matrix and or the loom be needed to do it properly.

just a thought at the mo, cos my nova's a 1.2 and i wouldnt mind a 1.4i, might be worth waiting for a 1.4 mk.1 to come along rather than hassle about changing the body/dash/engine, shells fairly mint tho, dunno what to do. heh.

thedjse
07-04-08, 09:33 AM
I personally would go for it mate then when its complete you can say you've done it im doing the oposite to you im putting a mk2 dash in a mk1 and putting 1.6 in a 1.2

So i would go for it and do it so then you've done it :thumb:

jimbob-mcgrew
07-04-08, 09:55 AM
heh, dont wanna swap cars do ya ? :D

craig green
07-04-08, 10:38 AM
Fair play on mk1 body styling but you really have to ask yourself why on earth you want a mk1 dash. The mk2 item is so much more refined than a mk1 plastic dash.

General Baxter
07-04-08, 11:23 AM
mk1 dash is the daddy lol

Jack
07-04-08, 11:23 AM
You're replacing a Mk2 dash with a Mk1 item? :wtf:

I refuse to help lol

Ohhhh ok. If you MUST do it :p then you'll need to rewire a few of the switches - headlight, hazards, possibly foglight are the ones that spring to mind. You can keep your Mk2 heater matrix, but you'll need the control rods from the Mk1 dash. Make sure you've got the ducting to the side vents too if the heater matrix has the holes open for it. You'll also need the Mk1 dial set as the Mk2 ones won't fit.

craig green
07-04-08, 03:36 PM
mk1 dash is the daddy lol

Daddy of all crapness. Thats the major flaw with a mk1 Nova.... :roll:

thedjse
07-04-08, 04:54 PM
heh, dont wanna swap cars do ya ? :D

lol if you want mate i already have that dash out of mine we can swap dashes if you want its in good condition and we both will have what the other wants

I was thinking a meet half way!!! :thumb:

PM ME!!!

paulnova
07-04-08, 05:06 PM
DONT DO IT lol

I couldnt wait to swap my mk1 dash for my mk2 dash... its sooo much better, you'll regret it one day and have to re-wire everything again to get the mk2 dash back in!!!

jimbob-mcgrew
08-04-08, 11:00 PM
hah, atleast my man baxter knows the score (respect). im tellin ya, the rest of you are missing out - one day youll open your eyes :D.

cheers for the info jack.

thedjse, i doubt youd want to swap, my dash is a bit knakered around the stereo, by the looks of it the previous owner or either a thief butchered the stereo out, denting the lower plastic and tearing the left hand trim a little bit - fkin animal.