PDA

View Full Version : Engine size change

AlexW
04-04-08, 08:23 PM
Ill be honest i havnt looked into this too much but ive got a 1.4 engine on the way for my nova, i want to make it all legal, like have it as a 1.4 on the logbook but if i declar that its a 1.4 will i have to have it checked over? and will it cost me any money (not inc all the damm parts i have to buy)

Btw its a 1.2 atm, im going from a 1.2 carb to a 1.4 injection.
Any help would be great people!

Matt GTE
04-04-08, 08:42 PM
Just fill in the new engine number and capacity on the V5 and send it to the DVLA who will send back a new, revised one. Doesn't cost anything other than the stamp!! I think the only time you have to have it checked over is if you're reducing the capacity to stop people saying their car has a smaller engine to get cheaper road tax when it actually hasn't, I know I didn't have to mine checked when I dropped a C20LET into my Mk3 Astra 1.8 GSi.

Nick
04-04-08, 09:04 PM
No they won't check. I just filled mine out and sent it away, came back no problems.

I'd imagine if it was being changed from a 1200cc to a 8 Cylinder 5000cc they might ask for it to be taken to a VOSA thingy

AlexW
04-04-08, 09:05 PM
Just fill in the new engine number and capacity on the V5 and send it to the DVLA who will send back a new, revised one. Doesn't cost anything other than the stamp!! I think the only time you have to have it checked over is if you're reducing the capacity to stop people saying their car has a smaller engine to get cheaper road tax when it actually hasn't, I know I didn't have to mine checked when I dropped a C20LET into my Mk3 Astra 1.8 GSi.

Alrite cheers for the info!

AlexW
04-04-08, 09:10 PM
No they won't check. I just filled mine out and sent it away, came back no problems.

I'd imagine if it was being changed from a 1200cc to a 8 Cylinder 5000cc they might ask for it to be taken to a VOSA thingy

LOL doubt it would fit lol thanks anyways

Nick
04-04-08, 09:13 PM
Probably not, but i'd imagine it'd be flagged up if you'd done that kind of conversion :)