PDA

View Full Version : alarm problems!!

twistysnovagte
04-04-08, 06:10 PM
rite guys my alarm hasnt been on for a while(just unplugged)ive cleaned the prongs in the plug,plugged it in,all the lights come on inside on the little box mounted on the dash.when you close the door the green light(enter/exit)changes to the red light(armed) after 10 seconds,all good there,but when i open the door(to set it off), the little box with the in the car begins to bleep for about 4-5seconds.then it just starts clicking(NO ALARM NOISE) where the alarm is at the side off the battery, also all the indicators start flashing but no noise from the alarm just a clicking noise:confused:
im no good with electrics so any help would be grateful guys;)

andy

AlexW
04-04-08, 06:19 PM
Sounds like the siren itself, are you sure the clicking isnt from the indicator relay?

twistysnovagte
04-04-08, 06:28 PM
Sounds like the siren itself, are you sure the clicking isnt from the indicator relay?it may well be the indicator relay but i realy havent a clue,the siren doesnt make any noise atall.it does have a phone number onit which ive phones(number no longer available)its been in there a while im guessing ive had it 4 years and the previous owner around5-6years
the siren itself rarely makes like a scratching noise:confused:

AlexW
04-04-08, 07:43 PM
it may well be the indicator relay but i realy havent a clue,the siren doesnt make any noise atall.it does have a phone number onit which ive phones(number no longer available)its been in there a while im guessing ive had it 4 years and the previous owner around5-6years
the siren itself rarely makes like a scratching noise:confused:

after that amount of time i would just fit another alarm (or get someone else to do it) you could spend ages trying to sort the problem but i think that the siren has packed up you could fit another siren maybe but like i said even then it prob would be better to fit another alarm :(

twistysnovagte
04-04-08, 08:16 PM
how much are we talking????(rough idea),of what a standard alarm would cost to fit?

AlexW
04-04-08, 08:51 PM
Off the top of my head im not sure but i might be able to susgest a company that could suppy you with the alarm, not sure how much for though. once you get the old alarm out and the new one in front of you it is straight forward, im sure even a total novice could fit one if they got the right help.