PDA

View Full Version : steering rack/quick rack

xxspudxx
04-04-08, 01:59 PM
Anyone fitted quick rack kit before?

The bearing that is on the pinion, does it come off so can fit to the new kit or is new bearing needed? the one that goes inside and used as locator if that makes sense?

LUV2XLR8
04-04-08, 02:09 PM
i just bought the rack complete, just romved the column and banged it back together

garyc
04-04-08, 06:04 PM
When I fitted mine the bearing was real tight so I just bought a new one to fit on the quick rack. It was only about a fiver. Look for bearing shops in the yellow pages.

adam c
04-04-08, 06:27 PM
i put my quick rack together the other day and i manged to get the old bearing off but it was real tight.it will probably be easier just buying a new bearing.

xxspudxx
05-04-08, 08:35 AM
on the kit there is like a cut out for where like a collar or something should go to hold bearing in place or not needed? thanks for help

adam c
05-04-08, 01:39 PM
there should be a little collar on your old rack?i just took it off and put it on the new rack as a new one wasnt supplied with the kit.

Ash
05-04-08, 02:22 PM
Yea I fitted one recently, my bearing was a little worst for wear so I replaced it anyway. Vauxhall had it NLS so I went to a bearing shop in Yeovil. I'll send you details if needed. The 'cap' vauxhall had to get in for me from Germany and took 3 day and I didn't bother with the circlip, but I know Yeovil Vauxhall have it in stock.

xxspudxx
06-04-08, 11:06 PM
cheers for help guys, not had chance to work on car this weekend as been off gettin rally licence but i'll get a big hammer out tomorrow and if its being a prick i'll give you a shout ash :D hows the motor mate?