PDA

View Full Version : WTF - No Insurance.

NovaLad
03-04-08, 11:45 PM
Was driving around tonight (about 30 min ago) when me and another lad in a nova are at some lights and turn off up another road.

As i turn off i see a cop car so obviously drive like a learner.

Next thing he pulls me, sits me in the car and tells me i have no insurance WTF!

So he kept checking it and checking it and still coming back as no insurance.

So by then i'm thinking, GREAT my car will get impounded and i will have to walk home.

The copper seemed ok and said basicly said seeing as though it's night i'll give you the benifit of the doubt and let you drive it home and give yo ua producer.

Thanks F**k for that!!!

So i get's in gets my documents out and checks it over just to make sure and lowe and behold thye have gotten it wrong. It says my reg is 4596 SNE instead of J596 SNE, So what i can't understand is all the over times i have been pulled since been insured on 1st of jan is why havn't they said it wasn't insured.??

Anyway now i have to sort it out with insurance company tomorrow morning and then go down to the police station with producer.

What a night.!!!! It better be insured it's costed me 2000.

Can anyone shine any light on this?

NovaLad
04-04-08, 12:22 AM
The cr4p part is on the documents it also says ''Please read through and check your motor proposal confirmation carefully. This forms the basic of your insurance cover. You are responsible for the accuracy of the statementsit contains. Please call us immediately on **** *** **** if any of the information is incorrect, as a failure to do so could invalidate your policy''

Which pretty much f**ks me over if they wanna play silly beggers about it.

I did check it over but never noticed the 1 error.

And plus what i don't get is why no over coppers have said anything about it when been pulled in past..
I even got pulled a few hours after being insured and it came back ok.

dandan
04-04-08, 02:34 AM
Always worth checking here----->http://www.askmid.com/askmid.aspx

NovaLad
04-04-08, 02:44 AM
Yeah it comes up with my car when i put 4596 SNE which is the wrong reg but when i put my propper reg it aint on the DB.

Jack
04-04-08, 02:58 AM
Unfortunately the onus is on you to check your documentation is all correct, although I would have thought the police should give you the benefit of the doubt in this case as its clear you do have insurance, just with a small error.

If that copper was doing his job properly, he shouldn't have let you drive home if he couldn't find you on the DB though! Best get onto the insurance company first thing tomorrow.

I had a similar thing with my old hatch many years ago - I temporarily swapped the insurance onto a different Nova whilst mine was having some work done; when it was finished I popped round the local office, informed the insurance company and asked them to change it back. Got a written receipt to confirm the changes were made. Come renewal time - some 8 months later - I realised not only had they NOT changed the vehicle details back over, but they'd also got my name completely wrong (right words, wrong order)!

Thats one of the two reasons why I never ever recommend CIS to anyone lol

NovaLad
04-04-08, 08:43 AM
Just been on phone to them and didn't mention that i got pulled because of it just basicly said i was checking through my documents and their was an error within them please could they change it and send out new forms thanks.

They said yes that's fine and it is free of charge.

YEY!!!

So now i'm just hopeing they come before next thurs when my producer time given runs out.

Jack
04-04-08, 11:03 AM
Still might be wise to go to the police with your existing documents and explain the problem and tell them new documents are on the way, which you'll bring as soon as they arrive.

I'd be a bit suspicious of not being able to find a car on the insurance DB then it magically appearing a few days later, whilst the owner turns up with a new certificate with a recent issue date on it.

NovaLad
04-04-08, 11:03 AM
lol will do.

ANDYRACER
04-04-08, 12:04 PM
I had the same problem last october in my nova, got pulled, said i wasnt insured, so produced my docs as having the wrong reg on them and the copper on the desk was sound about it. :thumb:

Adam
04-04-08, 12:28 PM
Its the reason i check my documents through about 10 times when i receive them.

Hopefully the police are ok about it.

Rich
08-04-08, 07:01 PM
Did this when i first got my nova. Got pulled over and they said no insurance. Told em who i was with how much i was paying etc and they let me go without even a producer. A week later got pulled again, same story still no producer though. I told the second copper i had been pulled the week before and he just said ring my insurance. Turned out i had 1 digit wrong on the documents.

Lucky for the coppers i was actually insured as neither gave me a producer lol