PDA

View Full Version : twin carbs?

jim sri
21-08-02, 12:39 AM
i own a j reg 1.4 sr-standard engine etc.
does anyone know if the twin webers from a nova diamond will go on this setup and if it will make much difference? also would i have to bolt the twin carbs onto sr manifold, or twin carbs+diamond manifold onto my engine?
me mates sellin one but dont wana get it and find it wont fit correctly or make any proper improvement.
any help appreciated.
cheers :?

novapowered
21-08-02, 07:54 AM
a diamond has a 1.2 engine so must already have an SR manifold you can bolt it onto yours if you like but must already have correct manifold anyway,

MC
21-08-02, 05:22 PM
A little confused. Are you saying that these carbs are twin 40's fitted aftermarket to the diamond? If the diamond was originally a 1.2 carb, then you would need to get a new manifold. Are you actually talking about twin carbs, or a twin choke, in which case the SR you have is twin choke and the diamond wasn't.

You need to be a bit clearer.

MC

rob.slader
21-08-02, 06:59 PM
Yeah, you sound a bit vauge with this one. The Diamond didn't come standard with twin carbs (e.g Twin 40's). But came with a standard single choke carb I think. The SR carb is a twin choked carb. If the diamond has had 40's added by a previous owner, then you need to check the ports on the inlet manifold will match your 1400 head. They will need to be square as this is the shape on the 1400sr head. All this has recently come up in another topic in this forum about a couple of weeks ago, I am unsure what shape the ports are on the 1.2 diamond? Have a hunt round for it.

jim sri
21-08-02, 11:00 PM
im under the impression that the diamond was a limited edition nova that came as standard with the twin webers fitted?i may be wrong though-maybe sum one knows??
so basically just gota check that the manifold has square ports as opposed to rounded ports?
:lol:

MC
22-08-02, 09:07 AM
I'm pretty sure that you'll find the diamond was a boogo motor. Twin 40's only came on the sport. If it is a 1.2 (not 1.2i) the head will have large cathedral shaped ports and will not match yours, so you would definately need to buy a new manifold.

MC

Anonymous
27-08-02, 10:24 AM
Theo nnly nova that came from the factory with twin 40s was the sport.
twin 40s off any car will fit, you just need the right manifold and throttle linkages.

Chip