PDA

View Full Version : last day at work today.

ben doodar
03-04-08, 11:13 AM
well ive worked here at halfords for just over 3 years now, and now is my time to go. ive had an absolute p!sser here, and a lot in my life has changed since i started here when i was 17 as my first job, now im allmost 21. ive meet a hell of alot of people through my job and alot of my mates i have now. but im not enjoying the job like i used to, its under new management, and we dont get on like i did with my old boss. im going to a local auto factors so its in the same line of work, but il be driving the van about too. im really nervous about leaving here and stating there even a bit emotinol. at least il get a week off to crack on with the nova!
im sure there will be plenty of you who has been in a simaler situation. suppose ive just gotta bite the bullet???

Adam
03-04-08, 12:41 PM
Which halfords did you work in? The fenton one?

Matt2107
03-04-08, 01:29 PM
You'll get on alright chap.

It sounds like your new job will come with a few more responsibilities which is excellent.

Will your new job offer any extra training courses.... if not there's no reason why you can't do evening classes.

Employers like this... a lot if its relevent to your job.

ben doodar
03-04-08, 02:16 PM
i work in the one in congleton. near mcdonalds, kfc, tesco etc.
well i intend on going to collage in september, i want to be an electrician 1 day but im sure the course is just a nite course so i can still work. dont think theres much to train for in the new job, it will get me out and about though dropping parts off to the local garages so ill get chance to have a nosey around with out getting roped in for anything.
cheers chaps!

Nobby
03-04-08, 08:48 PM
my first proper job was in halfords we had a laugh but it was **** to be fair - its so true about when people take the piss out of the ****s in halfords for being dumb lol i had left school 2 weeks when i joined there and they out me straight on the parts because i said i could fit bulbs and wipers lmao!!

blue_peg_16v
03-04-08, 09:06 PM
good training then lol

Lynsey
04-04-08, 06:20 PM
How will tranny Sue cope without you Ben? Good luck with it Mr :D

blindside-retro
04-04-08, 11:55 PM
good luck with the new job

ben doodar
05-04-08, 01:36 PM
lol tranny sue is at the halfords in macc nowadays lynz! yh theres no such thing as staff training at halfords!

mowgli
05-04-08, 08:41 PM
I actually love baiting the hinckley halfords staff......I spent nearly 10 years in the vehicle parts business.......I usually go in there because they are open late, rush to a parts guide & fly through it then rush to get the part without letting the staff help me, which they always try to do!!