PDA

View Full Version : Couple of problems

joeSRI
03-04-08, 09:45 AM
just bought a mint grey nova Gsi with 90k. one problem is the idle is a bit lumpy but with no hesitations on acceleration. The other problem is the sunroof will tilt but not slide. Any help will be appreciated

Cheers Joe

Asa-James
03-04-08, 10:43 AM
possible timing out for lumpy idle?? i dont know much about them engines, but for the sunroof, theres been a big question on for about a week now regarding ones that wont slide. will it go back at all?

meritlover
03-04-08, 11:25 AM
as sid my mr ISH,
check the base timing, then maybe treat it to a set of leads, plugs and a cap. also check the fuel filter has been changed at some point. probably needs no more than a bit of love and a service.
a nova is like a fine woman, the more you look after it, the more it lets you thrash it silly.

enjoy your nova.

joeSRI
03-04-08, 04:50 PM
HA HA thanks for the advise! no, the sunroof wont slide back at all. I've read a thread and gonna try pushing it down whilst sliding it back

Cheers

Steve
03-04-08, 05:03 PM
Might sound a bit obvious but have you tried the sunroof with plenty of wd-40?

joeSRI
04-04-08, 09:10 AM
no i haven't tried anything just yet. another problem i forgot to mention is that the oil guage on the dash flicks back an forth when u take ur foot off the accelerator? is this normal??

Steve
04-04-08, 12:07 PM
Might be bad wiring, you may also notice that your battery gauge moves along with the indicators, but thats just novas for you!

Could also try some grease on the sunroof rails, as no doubt it hasn't been used for ages and is just seized.

noknok
04-04-08, 12:38 PM
My GTE has always done same. Both oil guage and battery flick when clutch is dropped and drive disengaged. I thought this was normal ie oil pressure drops when engine not pulling.

Adam
04-04-08, 12:43 PM
Yes, the oil pressure gauge will move with the accelerator, low pressure at warm idle, high pressure at about 2k rpm all through the revs.
The batt gauge moving with the indicators is also normal as your taking current from the system as the indicator bulbs flash.

joeSRI
04-04-08, 02:13 PM
Thanks!! It good to get answers! The other forums just ignore me lol lol