PDA

View Full Version : acceleration problem

novawez
02-04-08, 10:34 PM
just wonderin if u can help when i brought my car it had a problem on it when you was carefull on the revs it ran fine put your foot down and it would miss i had a look at the dizzy and rotor and the plastic bit in the rotor arm had broke so put a new one on and it cured it put my foot down and it was ok but just now took it round the block and it started again could it be the same again or something else and do the rotor arms go like that cheers wez p.s sorry for any spelling mistakes or punctuationslol

Nobby
02-04-08, 10:47 PM
check all leads plugs etc

mowgli
02-04-08, 11:19 PM
what model is it??

if it is a carb & has the black dizzy, the advance mechanism can fail causing all sorts of running problems

novawez
02-04-08, 11:21 PM
no its got the red dizzy mate just had a look the leads look like new and noticed a split in the pipe from the servo to the inlet would that do it

jimbob-mcgrew
04-04-08, 08:47 PM
yeh that'll make it run sh1tty, more so at low revs.. plus your brakes probably aint working as well as they should be as that pipe has somet to do with vacuum i cant remember - im chattin sh1t

meritlover
05-04-08, 08:25 AM
the Advance retard can wear on the sleeve and make the rotar arm collide and violate the cap. it also makes the timing dance about quite a lot which makes it hard to set it accurate.
also carburation may be out or a blocked jet or accelerator pump.
i wish you well in your Nova hesitation problem.