PDA

View Full Version : Larger fan??

Nobby
02-04-08, 10:15 PM
Im planning on using a larger fan on my xe but which 1 can i use say cav cavlbra v6??

Adam
03-04-08, 12:34 AM
The gte/gsi one is fine.
The fan should hardly ever be on anyways, unless your sat in traffic.

_JH_
03-04-08, 11:44 AM
Are you having cooling problems? If so, you need to think of upgrading the radiator really. A diesel one is a good option and it has a 2-speed fan. Works wonders on my car.

What rad are you using?

jimbob-mcgrew
04-04-08, 08:53 PM
hees blaintantly using the rad that was in there from his 1.2 - we all know your a bodge artist nobby - heheh - only jokin :D

Rich
04-04-08, 10:30 PM
I used a 1.2 rad and never had any cooling problems at all. A slimline spal fan is probly best, the fan i had on mine used to block me pulling the dipstick out lol

Nobby
05-04-08, 02:29 PM
hees blaintantly using the rad that was in there from his 1.2 - we all know your a bodge artist nobby - heheh - only jokin :D

do i know you mate??:roll: :confused:

nope im not sure what rad im using i expect its the gsi 1 as i bought the xe how it is lol it has no problems cooling but i never hear my fan working? so i expect its not working havent had a good look yet tbh?

Rich
05-04-08, 05:40 PM
Well if it never gets hot enough for the fan to come on then it wont come on lol Only need to worry if your temp guage is getting too high, some cars get to just over 100c before the fan cuts in, some at around 95/8.

If your worried its not working leave it running sometime and keep an eye on the temp guage. Mine only ever came on it i was stuck in very slow traffic for a long time