PDA

View Full Version : digidash & oil pressure / oil temperature.

mikeoxford
20-08-02, 09:29 PM
didnt know if this was a techie post of its nature, or styling cos its about digidashes

anyhow

on the top left, you have an oil warning light

and an oil bar graph.

what do they both show??

is the warning light oil pressure, and the bar graph temperature??

im confused - ive been looking into getting a pressure sensor to make the bar graph work, but dont know if i need it is a temp sensor the bar graph is meant for.

any ideas?

carltoncrazy
20-08-02, 10:15 PM
hmmmmm i cant see a point of a temp
so im asuming its pressure

brian
20-08-02, 10:46 PM
on top ya have oil pressure.
mine stays up full always and so does a m8s Astra gte.
i presume ya r wonderin if it should move as in the standard nova gsi/gte clocks where the pressure guage move with engine rev etc? :?

carltoncrazy
20-08-02, 11:24 PM
my sr jus goes stright to the top n stays there.
oh well

mikeoxford
20-08-02, 11:52 PM
well ive installed my digidash in my second nova since ownership, and this time round want to get the gauge to work (as like you it reads max)

i know how to do it, but didnt know wether it was to show pressure or temperature.

i "think" i know what i gota do - i will post a reply back here or email anyone who is interested.

so does the pressure gauge go up when revs increase then?!

regards
mike

Aragorn
27-08-02, 09:54 PM
u need a 2 wire pressure sensor for the oil guage to work and they are both pressure methinks one is a guage and the other a telltale that its out of bounds

they should be fitted as standard to any car with an oil pressure guage - ie GTE or SR

once u get that its a case of wiring it directly up using the wiring schematic from a digidash install guide (www.vauxnova.co.uk have one) i think blue and green is guage and blue and yellow is telltale (or maybe thats backwards) just take a look at the site

Aragorn

mikeoxford
28-08-02, 05:19 PM
finnally got round to doin the job.

went back to the scrappy with the 1.3sr in it.

adjustable spanner, normal spanner, molegrips, and plastic bag in pocket!!

adjustable spanner kept sliding off - head wouldnt go on the sender enough cos of the size of the adjustable.

normal spanner wouldnt quite fit on cos i chewed it VERY slighty with the adjustable, and spanner would have been a glove fit. used adjustable cos had more leverage.

mole grips :D jobs a gooden. although with me and my mate jumpin up and down (pullin and tugin very hard!!!) we kept moving the engine on its mounts and couldnt get the fecker awft!!!

gave up in the end. went to vaux today :evil: :evil: ?76 PLUS :roll: VAT !!!

so......

ill be going back to the scrap yard, and it will come off!

any interest in a pair of antiroll bars or a spoiler? mite get em while im ther.

Aragorn
28-08-02, 07:29 PM
im lookin for a front antiroll but im up in scotland so its a bit pointless trying to send em up here :/

mikeoxford
28-08-02, 11:34 PM
can do next day insured delivery via courier for ?7

if you interested email me at mikeoxford@hotmail.com and i will see what i can do if your interested.

carltoncrazy
29-08-02, 10:38 PM
bit of an old post but it might help some1
if you have a very fucked nut then it easy,get a size smaller socket/spanner and get hammer and bang it on,then twist a weyhey.
by the way mike if ya fancy getting the complete carb of it,new home is waiting for it.i.e il pay ya