PDA

View Full Version : neon undercar kit

G4VVO
20-08-02, 08:32 PM
what colour should i get. i have a silver nova with blue bucket seats and blue LED washer jets. I was thining the blue ones but is it illegal. i dont know where to fit them either i am good with wiring so i can do that but where can i attach them to. got a k reg 1.4i luxe + no body kit or side skirts.

JOEFISH
21-08-02, 10:40 AM
Personally mate i think neon washer jets are sooooooooooooooooo TACKEY. Neon kits are class but U might as well have a cop car stuck to your ass because there is some stupid law about changing the colour of the road at night. :evil:

burney
21-08-02, 11:01 PM
it aint just the blue ones that are illegal its all colours. just put a switch on them and take your pic but dont fit them so you can see the tubes cos it looks sh ite. your gunna need skirts to hide them behind. ive got mine ready but no skirts yet so i aint bothering. mine are blue so they match the lights under the seats so when you open the door it looks like the car has no floor!!

Nova1.6
22-08-02, 12:51 PM
ive heard something about DON'T get the max power ones because they dont fit properly at one end or summit(i might be wrong so dont quote me on it) Yeah get skirts aswell, i think RS2000 look wicked, ive seen a car where u can see the neons, looks sh!t.
Toodlepip.
Neil

Ric 16v
22-08-02, 06:12 PM
the max power ones DON'T fit properly, I had them on my car and underneath the nova part of the floor drops down a little so one end of the neon sits further down than the other, you can see the neon underneath the car when u stand back so it looks tacky a fcuk, got rid of mine after a month !!!!!!!

G4VVO
23-08-02, 10:09 PM
the car has been lowered 40mm if i put side skirts on will it be ok for speed bumps etc. just bought the max power ones before i read the messages they are blue.

Dannova12
24-08-02, 01:36 AM
I bought the max power ones and didn't have a problem. Shame you can only put them one when u are parked up.

I had mine on once parked up at a cruise and the rozzers were sitting next to me, waiting for me to pull away with them on. The disapointment on their faces as i flicked the switch just as i put the clutch in for first!!

HAHHA

mikeoxford
24-08-02, 08:50 PM
so can you park at trafic lights with them on, and not be done for it?

seems like i mite be wiring a load of shit to my handbrake warning light :D

carltoncrazy
25-08-02, 07:57 PM
i would of thought if you are on a public highway then they cant be on
after chattin bout all this i had some on my old range rover,that had a 6inch lift onit and the neon lite up all the axles and all the undernither but NOT the road.this pissed the old bill off so much as none of the lite was touching the road,however it ment i got pulled of ALOT.
but it was so funny.but i gota say round here their clamping down on this thing.

Mac_Nova_SR
26-08-02, 08:28 AM
how much did you pay for your neon kit??!!

G4VVO
07-09-02, 07:53 PM
for both sides it was ?80 want to get front and back (another ?80)

IS ANYONE SELLING SOME SIDE SKIRTS (GSI OR OFF A KIT)