PDA

View Full Version : Brake lights not working

Mac_Nova_SR
20-08-02, 04:08 PM
my rear brake lights do not work for some reason.....basically on the drivers side.....the tail light works (the 1 that comes on when you turn the headlights on!!)but not on the passenger side and the brake lights dont work on either side.....ive already had a warning from cops 4 this so i best get it sorted...ive tried changing the bulbs but nothing happened.....any ideas what else it could be?

carltoncrazy
20-08-02, 06:05 PM
hmmm right.
have you checked and clean connections?
start with the simple things first,id make sure no plugs have come out or r lose.

Mac_Nova_SR
20-08-02, 07:01 PM
yeah ive checked the connections that go into the back of the bulb holder thing...all seems fine!! i thought that it could maybe be a blown fuse but then surely none of the lights would work and one wouldnt work without the other working i dont think....i could be wrong!!
also where does the wires from the light go exactly? i think it runs along the passenger side of the car and then behind the dash and down to near the brake pedal.....i suppose i could check connections there....but it doesnt say anything about it in haynes so maybe its not a good idea!! i mite just take it to the local vauxhall garage....

Stuart
20-08-02, 07:10 PM
brake light switch is buggered then!

its just above the brake pedal. wobble it about and it should work, failing that a new one

Mac_Nova_SR
21-08-02, 03:39 PM
thanx for your help both of you.i wobbled the switch around and now its fine!! strange how summat simple can fix it!! just wondering if its worth buying a new switch tho....its working ok now but chances are it mite go again....i'll just wait until it does i suppsoe!!! anyway thanks for the help!