PDA

View Full Version : side repeaters

burney
19-08-02, 10:56 PM
i just bought my spanking new wings and they dont come with side repeater holes which im glad about cos i was just gunna not have any. but then i decided to relocate my frint indicators to the front of my novadose bumber and have the sidelights in the old indiators :lol: . because of this you wont be able to see the idicators from the side. my question is will this be ileagle or an m.o.t. falier?

Ben (lurk75)
19-08-02, 11:08 PM
best bet is check with your local garage as i know places that do both the following... If they arent fitted they they dont need to work, or they can say that they are nessacary. What alot of people do is relocate the repeaters in the wing mirrors or the skirts.

mikeoxford
19-08-02, 11:58 PM
afraid to say but MOT failure mate

reason i say this is mk2 pass without side repeaters, mk1 fail.

mk2s wrap around side a little so get away with it, mk1s point forward, nowt visible so fail.

what my mate did with his sorted GTE was rig up a temporary yellow/amber painted bulb, just hanging out of bonnet, dangling down wing.

it passed

locky
20-08-02, 05:25 PM
I THINK that u must be able to see a direction indicator from a certain angle, not 2 sure as i dont do mot's or work on cars!

Ben (lurk75)
20-08-02, 06:33 PM
that would make sense on the cars i seen without em were mk2's.

apples
20-08-02, 11:03 PM
there is plenty of testers out there who will let you get away without em