PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof question

Novaboyleon
01-04-08, 01:37 PM
Hello, just a quick question, was wondering if the sunroof on my mk1 nova gte is supposed to go al the way back or not, as it tilts up but when u go to wind it into the fully open position it becomes a bit ''stiff'' it also does this on my mates gsi. any help would be cushty

Matt2107
01-04-08, 01:40 PM
Some are tilt and slide... some just tilt.

AlexW
01-04-08, 01:51 PM
Some are tilt and slide... some just tilt.

But most leak!

Gunzi
01-04-08, 02:24 PM
My Gsi used to not slide all the way open. Simple solution is while sat in the drivers seat push down on the right front corner of the sunroof while sliding it open.

Austin_Nova16
01-04-08, 02:41 PM
Got a spare GTE unit if required..

:thumb:

craig green
01-04-08, 04:16 PM
Simple solution is while sat in the drivers seat push down on the right front corner of the sunroof while sliding it open.

That would be pushing it up? !!

My sunroof has always been the same, tilts 90% of the way up but wont go back more than an inch or so.

I've started umpteen threads & asked many times but no one knows the fix.

The Haynes manual says to slide it all the way back to access the cables & bolts etc. No good if it wont slide. :confused:

Asa-James
01-04-08, 08:10 PM
i've got one for grabs as well

Novaboyleon
01-04-08, 08:10 PM
hmmm, seeing as summers coming up would be nice to get it sorted, if somethings fitted then its nice to have it working.

chris gsi
01-04-08, 08:23 PM
my gsi tilts and slides all the way back but not for long as its being riped out
and plated over:thumb:

blue_peg_16v
02-04-08, 08:47 AM
my gtes one slides all the way back

Novaboyleon
02-04-08, 07:39 PM
why doesnt mine and the one on my mates gsi slide back?

Novaboyleon
02-04-08, 07:41 PM
well the sunroof on my gte and the one on my mates gsi both tilt but dont slide back. why would this be?

twistysnovagte
02-04-08, 08:29 PM
ive sorted mine today,the problem being that when you take the four 8mm bolts out(from inside the car)lift the glass out,now the arm either side that moves the glass up and down,in/out,when you lower it back as in to reline it backwards,there is a small lever that is on a spring(either side)infront of this there was just general build up of dust etc(mine had a piece of glass there cause some d!ck smashed it,but i used a thin screwdriver and cleaned the dust bit of glass etc out from infront of the lever and used an airline to give it a good blow out,so that the arms could then come down(from tilt) and recline straight back in to the tray.jobs a good un all working again.
hope this helps dude:)

about ten 10/15mins work at the most

Gunzi
03-04-08, 12:31 PM
That would be pushing it up? !!

My sunroof has always been the same, tilts 90% of the way up but wont go back more than an inch or so.

I've started umpteen threads & asked many times but no one knows the fix.

The Haynes manual says to slide it all the way back to access the cables & bolts etc. No good if it wont slide. :confused:

Basically you're sat in the drivers seat. You put your right arm out the window and as your left arms is winding it back, and you push down here:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d189/Chris_Gunzi/novasunroof.jpg

I've seen this trick work on more than one Nova. The chap who showed me used to run AJM Novas in Pompey, and has seen this sticking slide problem loads of times.

twistysnovagte
04-04-08, 06:40 PM
i also noticed that when i tried to force it back due to the broken glass clogging it up,i had forced the handle in the car which caused it to click a few times*this made the arms out of position*so i put it in tilt mode*with the glass off,and forced it back again(reverse procedure) few clicks until both arms where in the correct position.no problems since all works fine(get the sun on my bald head nowlol).:thumb:

Lee H
04-04-08, 07:00 PM
I had to do the same as Gunzi but mine was sticking on the passenger side so pretty impossible to slide it back unless you had a passenger.