PDA

View Full Version : 1.2 upgrades

jimbob-mcgrew
01-04-08, 02:22 AM
yo, ive got a whole bunch of questions if anyone can help please.

a m8 of mine has a pierburg 2e carb and inlet manifold he doesnt need from his 1.4 8v nova, was gonna steal it off him to stick on my 1.2, will this go straight on ?, pipes/wires/ throttle and choke cables etc, will they all plug straight in, or is modification needed here and there ?

also.. i wanted to ask as i dont know much about fueling... will this carb be a worthwile upgrade ? will it be overkill for the 1.2 .. i.e flood the engine, or will it run as norm and gimme a few more donkies, what kind of petrol consumption do you reckon id expect to see ?

also have a better exhaust manifold (4-1) to stick on sometime aswel.
any idea what kind of hp gain id get from both of these, and any reccomendations on what else i can do without spending too much as its only a 1.2.

also one last question, lol, sorry, a whole bibles worth here, in future i was planning on sticking a 1.3 8v in as a petrol friendly power upgrade, will these components ive mentioned above switch straight onto that engine, trying to think ahead.

cheers for any replys. :thumb:

burgo
01-04-08, 02:24 AM
curb the text typing:roll:

jimbob-mcgrew
01-04-08, 02:25 AM
ah damn, i forgot to put..

will his gearbox from his 1.4 go straight onto my 1.2 engine also, would it be worth doing ? ive got a 4 speed in mine, and im prety sure his is a 5 speed, is there anyway of telling what gearbox's we both have, i.e markings on the bellhousing etc ?

cheers again.

jimbob-mcgrew
01-04-08, 02:27 AM
burgo man......

Welsh Dan
01-04-08, 08:26 AM
The gearbox should fit, yours will be an F10, and his will be an F10 or F13. You'll need the inlet manifold off a 1.3 to fit that carb to your 1.2, it'll plumb straight in, but I think the 2E is auto choke, it wont really help your engine that much though.

If you want some cheap (as tuning bits go) upgrades, get the cam from a 1.4 carb model, or something like a 270 degree aftermarket cam, a 1.3 inlet manifold, and a weber 32/34 carb. Once its all fitted head to your nearest rolling road that does carbs and get it set up properly.

However if you've got access to a 1.3 and a 1.4 unit, fit the 1.3 head and inlet manifold to the 1.4 bottom end, then do the same as I've said in the paragraph above.

Stuart
01-04-08, 09:08 AM
the F13 from the 1.4 engine will only be of use if its a CR box.... and even then the F10 you have might be a CR too. You need to look at the markings on the box to determine that.

there should be a 1.2 tuning guide in the articles section