PDA

View Full Version : Car Parks Am I Parronied?!

Mboasty
31-03-08, 11:52 PM
I will have my Nova 2.016v on the road soon, Its been a 3 year project for me, & ive spent all this time & money (?1500 on respray alone) making it look nice I dont want 2 get it dirty or somone crash into or open there door onto it etc! at the same time theres no point locking her away in the garage & not using her as I might as well not have it!
I want 2 use the Nova & enjoy it as an everyday thing, but this might involve a car park lottery! ie take a chance that if i park here will somone open there door on the car bump into it theft etc.

Does anyone eles share these thoughts with me, & what action do you take 2 avoid this happening? ie do you park in certain areas of the carpark,avoid them at all costs,get the misses 2 drive her car 2 the supermarket etc

any thoughts or views on this please

matt

Steve
01-04-08, 12:13 AM
Mine looks like sh!t so iam not really bothered! lol

Honestly though, if you're worried about it getting dented in the car park then I wouldnt leave it there. As you say, if you've spent all that time and money on it then you obviously want it getting wrecked. Do you not have a 2nd car?

As for theft, just take the ecu out. Any pics of it anywhere??

Rich
01-04-08, 12:14 AM
If im only nipping in i stick it as far away from other cars as possible, if possible, may park accross 2 bays so that no one can park close. lol

Always find that even if theres 20 spaces, somone will ALWAYS park in the space next to yours... People dont care about other cars, however new or old

Mboasty
01-04-08, 12:42 AM
Your right they dont care ive been sitting in my car in tescos before & some dosy cow opend her door onto mine! I had a right go at her! it was my runabout GTE (rip front ns turret hanging on by about 5mm of metal!) but thats not the point.

Will be putting pic of Nova on here as soon as im allowed! breif rundown its a 91 GSI shell, 2.0xe fitted avo coilovers willwood 4 pots smoved gsi bumbers total stripdown re build i might be a newbie on here but not with Novas

Steve
01-04-08, 12:52 AM
Sounds like a good spec to me, will be good to see some pics once you've made 15 posts.

Mboasty
01-04-08, 01:00 AM
Im liking your 20.8v street sleeper, your right it looks prety clean in the right places

Steve
01-04-08, 01:04 AM
Cheers, looking much better now ive t-cut the whole thing.

Matt2107
01-04-08, 08:34 AM
When parking the FTO I make sure I try and park on an end bay.... that way you can only get hit by one side.

Alternatively I take the gf and make her go in for the shopping while I wait in the pick up point :cool:

Incidently because the roof is quite low and the doors are quite big it can be a struggle getting out.

Stuart
01-04-08, 08:45 AM
tbh life is too short to get overly worried about this kind of thing...

I used to park away from anyone, but there would always be a car next to it when I came back etc.... Now I only try to get a free bay next to the drivers side as getting out is a bit of a pain in tight spaces lol

Jack
01-04-08, 08:56 AM
^ lmfao, I still remember Dan's impression of you getting out the VX lol

I usually park away from other cars in supermarkets. At my local Asda I always straddle two places at an angle, but thats mainly as the car park is quiet enough to do that. Work car park is the worst, my car keeps getting dings there - plus being black it shows up every little mark. I've given up on trying to avoid dents there, its impossible.

If you're really worried about parking marks, the only option is to keep the side bump strips on.

craig green
01-04-08, 09:30 AM
Atleast you havent got a french car with tin foil thickness doors & panels.

I'm always aware of car park dangers but tbh you just have to get on with it, do your best to park with lots of spare room, usual methods above & if it comes to it, call dent master out once a year. I've never actually had any problems tbh.

burgo
01-04-08, 10:29 AM
i remember in the dark loon i was sitting down tescos waiting for it to open and the dosey bitch opened her door and hit my car. she just kinda stopped in her tracks and i could tell she was ****ting it lol. i just ignored it as it was early and couldnt be asked, plus my cars a ****ter lol

anywho i know what its like driving a car with new paint and how paranoid you get. as for the car park issue parking across two or even 4 spaces is always good ;)

Iain
01-04-08, 12:50 PM
You want to calculate the potential risk of each space lol For example try and park between two car's passenger doors and not drivers side as there'll always be a driver but not always a passenger. :D

Stuart
01-04-08, 01:10 PM
and never park near "4x4's" (ok poncey gravel roadsters lol), MPV's and any car with a kiddy seat in it. As the owners/passengers wont actually give a toss what they hit.

Nobby
01-04-08, 05:52 PM
i was like that when i had my old nova sprayed lol just try and park in the disabled or somewhere where theres no chance - oops did i just sy that?? ("LIMPS" away) :D

Mboasty
01-04-08, 11:39 PM
seams most people get on with it & hope for the best then

Another one i thought of is to park in the mother & baby spaces, which have at least a cars width marked out between each space, then just get a "baby on board" sticker to look authentic?

Jack
01-04-08, 11:40 PM
Incidentally, Mother & baby are courtesy spaces where as disabled is legally enforceable. So technically you could get a ticket for the disabled spot, but not with the mother and baby...

...not that I'm condoning anything you understand... lol

Mboasty
02-04-08, 12:32 AM
Incidentally, Mother & baby are courtesy spaces where as disabled is legally enforceable. So technically you could get a ticket for the disabled spot, but not with the mother and baby...

...not that I'm condoning anything you understand... lol

My thoughts exactly:D

Iain
02-04-08, 12:43 AM
So to conclude, the safest way to park in public carparks is diagonally across two mother-and-baby spaces lol