PDA

View Full Version : Is It Posible 2 Fit A Gte Tilt & Slide Sun Roof 2 A Base Model Nova

Mboasty
31-03-08, 11:26 PM
As per title, has anyone ever atempted this conversion? I isume that the fixing points will be there already, & then its just a case of cutting a hole?!

any advice on this will be helpfull as my old gte has completly rotted so i want 2 re shell it but want it 2 look as authentic as posible

cheers

matt

blue_peg_16v
01-04-08, 09:09 AM
you would need to chop the roof skin off the gte and get it welded to the base modle carnt just chop a hole im affraid

Stuart
01-04-08, 09:27 AM
use to not 2 FFS

Jack
01-04-08, 09:31 AM
you would need to chop the roof skin off the gte and get it welded to the base modle carnt just chop a hole im affraid
You can, if you do it properly. I believe some/most/all (delete as appropriate lol) tilt only sunroofs were cut into non-sunroof roof skins after manufacture, hence them being a different size to tilt/slide ones.

Matt2107
01-04-08, 01:33 PM
Might be a leaky disaster.
If you do it make sure you take plenty of photos so you can make a guide.

Mboasty
01-04-08, 11:45 PM
use to not 2 FFS

bit of lazy txt msgin creapin in there "ffs"!:confused:

Mboasty
01-04-08, 11:51 PM
I was worried about the fact that i might have 2 chop the roof skin off thats why i was hoping someone might know a way arround it.
might just have a go see how i get on hopfuly if the screw holes are there if i cut a hole then weld a strip arround the hole to make a lip 2 give it strength it might work.