PDA

View Full Version : xe in nova parts questions

ste porter
31-03-08, 09:19 AM
i have a late type diss pac xe which im planning on starting to fit today i just have a few bits im missing and im unsure on what parts to use im going to a scrap yard this afternoon which is a nova owners dream so should be able to find most bits but im just after a heads up on where to start looking

1) my engine is a multi ribed belt as standard i have the bottom pulley ect but because my belt was origanly auto tentioned my alternaitor was non adjustable what engine/car can i find an alternaitor tentioner in that will work ?

2) Im planning on fitting an alloy tank ect inside the car at the end of next month but cant aford it yet so i want to know what internal fuel pump i can use in a 1.2 spi tank as i have heard of people using intank pumps before and didnt know which ones people have used

3) will 3 spoke gsi wheels fit over 2.0l ATE calipers with spacers or will i have to grind the caliper?

4) pics of chassis leg cuts not the bash it with a hammer method please as when we fitted the let in last years project we did a masive cut out but it was in the wrong place by about 20mm lol so if any one has any pics of cut outs that nave worked well please post them

5) what have people used to fill standard mounts to make them stiffer i mean the rubber part

6) pics of removed bulk heads and battery relocations please

cheers in advance people

blue_peg_16v
31-03-08, 10:16 AM
will help as much as poss mate

1.use an alternator and mounting from an early xe/let got one on my late type let and works great

2.have heard of people running corsa sport pumps, you can also modify the tank so it will run an external pump never done either of these so not sure how its done

3. should do but you may need to shave the caliper slightly to fit

4. cant help on this one, but if you have a look in the project section there are loads of pics

5.tiger seal panel sealer

6. again have a look in the projects section

hope this helps

Dod
31-03-08, 11:03 AM
2. Astra MPi Fuel Pumps are said to be a direct swap for the 1.2 SPi pump. No mods required.