PDA

View Full Version : F@cking starter motor problem!!!

ReeceH
30-03-08, 08:25 PM
was in my corsa let the other day and parked up and when i went to start it. wouldnt turn over, starter was just clicking, so bumped it, got it home and changed the starter motor and it was working,
so went to garage, knocked it off, started again, and worked again when i went home, then i went to go again and it was doing the same thing?

surely cant have just ****ed 2 starter motors? anypne any ideas what the problem is?

Asa-James
30-03-08, 08:36 PM
bad earth somewhere? gearbox maybe???

meritlover
31-03-08, 10:06 AM
battery.

ReeceH
31-03-08, 12:30 PM
gonna have a play about today see if i can find the problem

battery....? battery is definetly charged as i can sit with ignotion on fine and dandy, just when i try to strat it just clicks,and lights and that dont dim atall

Asa-James
31-03-08, 12:33 PM
next time it does it, connect a jump lead from a decent earth point on the engine (lifting eye etc) and the negative terminal on the battery, if it works, its you engine earth, if not, i'd suggest battery, they can be charged (12v) but not have the power to crank(dat) the engine.

Rich
31-03-08, 12:54 PM
Check the earth strap bolt is tight on the starter, if its loose will start sometimes and fail others. Could be a simple mistake when changed

ReeceH
01-04-08, 12:58 AM
ahh cheers, shall try it tomorrow.couldnt be ****d today lol

Steve
01-04-08, 01:25 AM
I had a similar problem with my old sr, so we changed the starter motor twice and we got sold a duffer. As they say, 3rd times a charm! lol