PDA

View Full Version : insuring whilst on a ban

burgo
30-03-08, 04:08 AM
now im not convinced but ive been told by a couple of people now that you can insure a car whilst banned and therefore keep / build up no claims bonus so that when you come off the ban your insurance wont be as high. has anyone ever heard of this before?

Royston
30-03-08, 09:23 AM
You can hold on to your NCB for @ 2 years, don't see how you can insure a vehicle as you can't be the main user, although you could maybe have a named driver?

You'll have to take it up with you ins company

Jack
30-03-08, 09:34 PM
I would assume you can insure a vehicle whilst banned - what happens if your garage falls down whilst the car is stored for example? There will probably be some kinda usage restriction though and wouldn't have thought you'd earn any NCB (much like a classic policy).

burgo
01-04-08, 06:01 AM
ive decided its not worth me insuring it as even if i were to insure it under my name its gonna cost ?300 a year which if its 2 years it ?600. there no way 2 years no claims bonus will take that much off so im going to insure it under my mums name as its only ?100 a year so its gonna cost me ?200 for me to keep it outside my house until i get my licence back :)

lee coley
01-04-08, 07:17 AM
you can insure a car for storage but unsure if it builds no claims ???

burgo
01-04-08, 09:09 AM
you can insure a car for storage but unsure if it builds no claims ???i have no where to store it tho, hence why it is having to stay on the road outside my house which means it needs insuring

Jack
01-04-08, 09:26 AM
Burgo, bear in mind that some insurers may not accept your NCB if you've not earned it within two years...!

burgo
01-04-08, 10:24 AM
jack the plan is to forget the idea of building up no claims as the money i save getting my mum to insure it is alot more than the money ill get off with the ncb. plus i got a quote for when i come off the ban and no ncb and it was only ?1100 which is what i used to pay on my sr when i first passed