PDA

View Full Version : Wiring for left hand stalk (Indicators & F/Beam)

rob.slader
19-08-02, 09:34 AM
I have a problem tracing a wire and hopefully someone on here might be able to help? On the left hand stalk (Indicators * F/Beam) I have a wire that has burnt through the sleeving. I believe it is for the full beam flash (pull back) as this is not working. But pushing the stalk forward for full beam works. I originally thought it was the stalk at fault, but discovered this wire when trying to fit a new stalk. The wire is in tact and I have now insulated it. By using a multimeter I have traced all the wires either back to the fuse box or to indicators / other light switches. However, I cannot find the burnt out wire (sods law!) The wire in question is red and connects to terminal number 30 on the indicator stalk. I have tried de-ciphering the wiring diagrams in the Haynes manual but have not had much luck!! Once I find it I will solder in and insulate a new wire to replace the burnt out one, but I also need to find out why it burnt out too. Any ideas greatly appreciated! Cheers.

Doddy
21-08-02, 05:40 PM
It is a perment live for the lights, if you look in the fuse box there is a red wire clipped into the right hand side of the fuse box, next to the bottom row of fuses. i think if memory is right that that is the little boy..

if not, just find an other un fused perment live and tap power of that.. easy.

rob.slader
21-08-02, 06:51 PM
Yeah I found that wire, it's not fused by the looks of it and is clipped in by means of a connector plug. I have used the multimeter to see if that is the wire at the stalk end and I get no reading. The cable is actually still live although it's burnt through the sleeving, so I'm dubious it is actually that one?? I will have to have another gander when I can be arsed anyway. I fookin hate leccy problems! Cheers for replying Doddy! If anyone else as any other ideas, feel free to reply!