PDA

View Full Version : whats my options?

FUSION X16XE
29-03-08, 07:04 PM
to begin with i appologise for my language ill try and keep it down to a minimum.

ive just got home from a day out in town with my mate and as hes pulled up outside my house to let me out ive noticed my car wheels is looking a bit bent so when i look closer i realise that some ****ing cnut has not only gone down the wrong way down a one way street but they have crashed into my car leaving a lovely big gouge in the wing and has pulled my wheel out (not sure yet as to if its bent the track rod or hub or anythink as its a bit dark now) and has then left the scene with out leaving any details, now a neighbour said they herd a bang outside about 5 o'clock and went out to look at there car but it was ok, they got a glimpse of the back and said it was a blue van with a slidy up rear door, didnt get the reg tho!! what can i do? do i call the police and risk them examining my car and finding that i may not have declaired the odd thing or fix it myself? man im so ****ed off ahhhhhh :mad:

lee coley
29-03-08, 07:07 PM
take it on the chin,what else can you do?

NovaLad
29-03-08, 07:10 PM
What he said /\ the body work shouldn't be hard to sort.

And if it comes to it you may need a new axel?

FUSION X16XE
29-03-08, 07:22 PM
yer spose im not bothered about the bodywork as i was guna sort out all the mechanical then in a year or so get it sprayed n tidy it up, think its the hub thats bent tbh the track rod looks ok

Nobby
29-03-08, 08:26 PM
youve been f u c k e d over mate nothing you can do old bill wont want to know unless they have good evidence cctv etc?

FUSION X16XE
29-03-08, 08:53 PM
ow well the fcuker if i find the van then ill take it to the police or other methods

Stuart
29-03-08, 09:26 PM
so you have uninsured mods on the car..... I'd just keep quiet and treat this as Karma ;)

ade
29-03-08, 10:40 PM
As above - what Stuart says...

1 - if you claim on your insurance it'll be classed as a fault claim because they cant recover the losses from the 3rd party - because there isnt one.

2 - based on your last comment your insurance company may/will void your policy because you havent declared your mods. Void policy - they inform police. This (and I'm sorry I have to say this) is irresponsible on your part because if you'd collided with anyone up to this point your insurance wont pay up to cover anything - they'll wash their hands. leaving the 3rd party in the sh1te and you. they may pay the 3rd party damages but some dont.

I work in car insurance and not declaring mods is one of my pet hates - it's one of the reasons policies for young drivers are so high.