PDA

View Full Version : Nova no more

bump
28-03-08, 01:17 AM
Evening all,

I am now Novaless.

I decided that I'd had enough with her as my main mode of transport and a change was due. She's gone to a friend that restores cars as a hobby, so a good home.
I was served well by her with no major faults at all. I'm not sure if he'll keep her or sell her on at some point, if there is a sale then I'll post up the details here.
I would have liked to have kept her as a project car, but space and time were the biggest issue with regards to that.
I'm not going to be dissappering from the forum.

Thanks to all who have helped me out over my years of Nova ownership.

nov4801
28-03-08, 04:54 AM
u will buy another one lol, you got any pics of your nova?

Matt2107
28-03-08, 08:18 AM
Everyone has to move on at some point.

Question is... what will you replace it with?

Jack
28-03-08, 08:21 AM
Ah well, onwards to better things :)

Although I said that and a couple years later bought another one. Whoops lol

bump
28-03-08, 11:25 AM
I've replaced it with a Mazda 323F.

If I find myself in the position of having more space and time then I'll certainly consider another as a project car. I'm unlikely to find one in the same state though.
It hadn't even done 30K after my four years of ownership.

meritlover
28-03-08, 12:41 PM
oh well Mr Bump. i wish you well on your motoring career. please switch the lights off as you leave the forum. good bye and god speed.

Matt2107
28-03-08, 01:01 PM
I've replaced it with a Mazda 323F.

If I find myself in the position of having more space and time then I'll certainly consider another as a project car.

I'm in exactly the same position.

I would have another if I get a house with a garage.

Which model 323F?
V6?

craig green
28-03-08, 01:23 PM
Hope she stays minty Bump. That was a minter if I ever saw one.

CG

bump
29-03-08, 12:37 AM
I've gone for the BA 1.5 Pre FORD's messing about with them! A true classic IMO. Not a huge amount of difference age wise from the Nova, but in terms of mechanics and features aeons away. Driving back down the motorway was so easy in comparison.

Craig, she'll stay pretty mint for a while I'm sure. The new owner is presently rebuilding an Anglia to original spec with no expense spared.
It's a shame that I couldn't keep her, space being the biggest issue. If the possibility of re-acquiring her in the future and the time is right then I'll take it up without a second thought. I think when you saw her she'd only done 20K

Meritlover, did you not not read my op? I'm not going anywhere, I still have plenty to offer the forum members.

Nobby
29-03-08, 01:17 PM
you will be back ;)