PDA

View Full Version : ahhh electrical problem

boyle_46
27-03-08, 11:04 PM
was in the car there and turned the ignition on , head unit came on and dvd started to play fouind out gone in 60 secs was in so decided to watch elinore get a good thrashing , but my all electricals in the car just stopped , turned the key off took the key out and put back in and there was no buzzing from the feul injection or any dash lights on , but the interior light was on when i opened the door :confused: :confused: :confused: checked the battery to see if the terminals where connected properly and they were fine any ideas as what could of caused this ? im a complete noob at electronics and anything electrical . thanks nathan .

boyle_46
28-03-08, 07:51 AM
anyone ?

meritlover
28-03-08, 09:59 AM
have you not just flattened your battery? if you are running an amp and a DVD the battery will go flat faster than a lion hunting a Xebu

boyle_46
28-03-08, 04:27 PM
no the battery was fully charged , normally it would make the dashlights come on and clocks but no joy the ingnition wont try and turn over at all :(

meritlover
28-03-08, 04:41 PM
yes im sure it was fully charged but now it will be flat?

boyle_46
28-03-08, 05:02 PM
nope :( theres plenty of life in the battery put it in my mates nova and it has plenty of juice in it any other suggestions ?

meritlover
29-03-08, 12:05 PM
you have blown a fuse or have a bad connection then.
out with the meter you go!

Novaboyleon
30-03-08, 02:06 AM
sounds like a main live to the dash lights. also i noticed the otherday there was a wire hanging in my gte engine bay that was earthing out causing the dash fuse to blow everytime. try this, maybe

AlexW
30-03-08, 08:56 AM
That wire that you say about i think it somthing to do with the carb on some models all novas that ive had have it.

But that problem sounds like an earth or a blown fuse, check a 20amp yeloow fuse that blew on mine