PDA

View Full Version : electric power steering

Bent
26-03-08, 04:08 PM
Will this fitt bolt on too my nova?
Comes from a 2000 plate corsa sxi.

Or do I need som other parts to fit the rest of it?

And what is a good price for a kit like this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/corsapower/Mokka/54f8_1.jpg

craig green
26-03-08, 04:45 PM
Will fit. Needs welding for the column support to bulkhead. Dash out basically.

?200 isnt over the odds tbh but bear in mind you will need extra gizmo's to get it running. Speedo pulse etc.

Jack
26-03-08, 05:14 PM
Can't you bodge the wiring to get round the speed pulse?

I'm sure I've seen them for sale with minimum wiring required.

Bent
26-03-08, 09:26 PM
So its not posible too fit the wire too the generator insted of speed puls?

Astra G have it that way.

So when you start the engine and it get signal from generator it will work?

Or not:confused:

Nobby
26-03-08, 10:25 PM
you dont need power steering you big girl!

craig green
27-03-08, 09:31 AM
So its not posible too fit the wire too the generator insted of speed puls?

Astra G have it that way.

So when you start the engine and it get signal from generator it will work?

The speed pulse doesnt power the motor, but is used to control the level of power assistance on the column. So at low speed (parking) its heavily assisted & at high speeds it almost drops off to give a heavier feel to the steering. The motor would have its own power supply.

Astra G's have a electronic 'wet' pump system. Different to the Corsa EPAS, IIRC.

Austin_Nova16
27-03-08, 05:29 PM
You will need the double UJ as well.

I wouldn't pay over 75quid for one to be honest.
There are always loads around!

Clean 2.0 nova
28-03-08, 02:59 PM
To get the system working you need 5 wires, Ground, positive and switched positive takes care of 3 of them. The other two wires needed for controlled assistance is revs signal (green wire to your revometer), and speed signal at a rate of about 30 pulses per wheel revolution (use a AK - 15 IMP transducer, wired to the Blu/red wire). Alternatively there are controllers out there for around ?50 but you won't get varied assistance with speed.

Iain

Bent
01-04-08, 09:29 PM
Thanks for clear things up.
think I skip the PS, and use my PA,(power arms:))

stuartp
23-05-08, 06:19 PM
help me here awell then lol. im running manual cable orginal clocks in my nova.... so il have to fit a translucer from a corsa b (allows a cable to be maintained) and use the blue/red wire and all so connect the techomater wire(green)???

Clean 2.0 nova
24-05-08, 01:13 AM
help me here awell then lol. im running manual cable orginal clocks in my nova.... so il have to fit a translucer from a corsa b (allows a cable to be maintained) and use the blue/red wire and all so connect the techomater wire(green)???

yep. You'll need a 'stackable' 16 impulse transducer if you can find one (good luck).