PDA

View Full Version : 1.3 SR`s please read,

carltoncrazy
16-08-02, 12:14 PM
hi,
i was speaking to the prev owner of my car last night and trying find out what engine work it had done,he said he dunno.they guy b4 him did it.
all ive done to it is a knN and a GTe alshley zorst.
however he`s x girlfrend said she remeber him having it off the clock(ova 120mph).which i dont know wether to believe or not.
when it went to a rolling road,it said 160bhp,i know the guy well and he dont normal ballshit.
so i went home and thought hmmm maybe its had a engine change n not told the DVLA.2l16v for example
its still got 1.3 stamped on the block and the engine is the oringnal.
its got standard carb onit.
now this got me,its raced a 8v gte and left it.now the lad driving it was bout 18,and ive been driving longer so it might be down to expience,but i dont know.
see is its not possible to get that bhp outa that engine then fine,dont bother me,but if it is i gota tell the insurance company.
i mean if it does thats a serious amount of work to get that bhp
so ballshit or not?
see i dont understand how a 1.3 can beat that car let alone keep up with it.
seriously is 160 ballshit,i think it is,but i want some opions.is it possibleto get that outa a 1.3???is 120 possible in a sr,wuldnt it shake apart?
im gonna take it to a runway soon n find out but i just want to know wot to expect as i gota be gd on public roads dure to my convitons

rgv_stu
16-08-02, 01:38 PM
sounds like crap to me

u will be lucky to get more than 100bhp on standard carb

MC
16-08-02, 01:52 PM
More like elephant shit. That is not possible from what you describe!

As far as the speed goes, some Nova's have accurate speedo's and this doesn't sound like one of em.

For example my weel sorted Nova with an accurate speedo would just about reach 130, now a friend with a boggo 1.3 SR that could never even come close whenever we did long runs, said that his was hitting 130 too!

Same with my friends GSI, when my clock was reading 95mph his was reading 110mph.

carltoncrazy
16-08-02, 02:13 PM
oh ok,now worries just wanted to check really,as ive said before dont bother me if it does or dont.
the speedo fine to 70 but i aint been above that in the nova.
oh well never mind,its a nice thought tho.
thxs guys

dangermousegsi
17-08-02, 01:09 PM
Im stickin my neck out here but the girl in question aint talkin shit(is it safe to come out now?)

I had a 1.3sr bout a year ago and fitted a k&n bolt on filter to the standard carb,pipercross breather and a magnex zorst(no manifold) also lowered 30mm on stardard gte alloys, i didnt have it rollin roaded so i dont know the bhp out put but i got it to go off the clock goin from juction 8 M25 to the A3 turn off for guildford(i had a full car 2)

it used to crack a 110-15 on a regular basis an got me from guildford to gatwick in just under half hour

make of it what u will but i can be done,an yes they do shake like shit at a 120+

Dicko
17-08-02, 01:48 PM
they will do 110 tops with a few good mods.

they read 10%+ high over 80mph!!!!!!

carltoncrazy
17-08-02, 05:44 PM
nah shes safe,she dont like her x,so y wuld she lye,and b4 u say no she aint sick in da head.
well i must admit i cained it once and got 35 outa 1st(not doing that again).
but yes i do agree the speedo might be out,
and i have seen relativly standard sr go above 110,
i do believe you done 115.

Ben (lurk75)
18-08-02, 11:40 AM
easy way to see is take it to a rolling road and see what it comes up with.

My GSi used to go off the clock and still pull going down the motorway the clock says 135mph, i know the clocks on novas can be unreliable and i know it wont go that fast but i did get clocked doing 130mph by a copper at 3am (but let me go with 3 points)